Dad’s Barbeque in Rainbow City, AL  » Restaurants  »
3340 Rainbow Driver, Rainbow City, AL 35906
  • Although I have always heard amazing things about this place, I had never visited it until fairly recently
  • I decided to visit the restaurant since I knew that the deal was way too good for me to pass up
  • In my opinion, the drive thru is somewhat cramp and I was disappointed with how long it took for the employee to take my order
  • I found myself waiting for a least a few minutes before anyone responded
  • I will not be visiting this restaurant in the future based on my personal experience

• by Simply_Fabulous

This restaurant is located in the heart of a busy intersection on Rainbow Drive in Rainbow City, AL. There are other restaurants like Burger King, Popeye’s, Wendy’s and Zaxby’s located near it, but this is the only restaurant that specializes in barbeque. Not only does this business satisfy the needs of local individuals and families, but it also has a catering business. Although I have always heard amazing things about this place, I had never visited it until fairly recently. During the month of September, they had $.99 barbeque sandwiches on sale. I decided to visit the restaurant since I knew that the deal was way too good for me to pass up.

Since I was in a hurry, I decided to place my order through the drive thru instead of dining

in. In my opinion, the drive thru is somewhat cramp and I was disappointed with how long it took for the employee to take my order. I found myself waiting for a least a few minutes before anyone responded. It did not take me long to get my food after my order was placed, which was pleasantly surprising considering the fact that a long line was starting for form.

Because I was very hungry, I could not wait to eat once I got home. The barbeque sandwich smelled delicious and I was very eager to taste it. I thought that it was cute how the sandwich was packaged, but I did not like the fact that my food did not feel hot and fresh. The bun was lightly toasted ...

• which helped to added crispness to the sandwich. As far as taste is concerned, it did not taste as good as I expected it too. Everyone is always raving about how good the food from this particular food tastes, but I found that it was okay but not stellar in comparison to the barbeque sandwiches that I have had from a similar restaurant called Pruett’s. The sandwich also did not have enough meat and sauce on it in my opinion. Specifically, there was not enough meat on my bun to fully cover it up. Even though it was on sale, I still expected to have enough food to fill me up which is always what happens when I get a hearty sandwich from Pruett’s.

While I am aware that this restaurant sells

more than barbeque sandwiches, I do not think that I will be visiting it again in the future. The customer service was not very good, and the food just tasted okay. I know that there are a lot of people who absolutely love this restaurant, but I find that my experience there was just lackluster. I had to microwave my sandwich before I finished eating it. This was definitely far from the best barbeque sandwich that I have ever eaten.

I would rate this restaurant a 7 out of 10. Even though most of the food on the menu is fairly expensive in my opinion, the food just does not completely live up to its price tag. I will not be visiting this restaurant in the future based on my personal experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 710111326121030/k2311a1110/11.10.10