Bobbi Brown Brightening Lip Gloss in Pink
  • What's interesting about Bobbi's lip gloss is that she has five separate types
  • Well, my lips are rather thin, so unfortunately, it will take a miracle to make them look fuller (without actually getting plastic surgery)
  • The shade I would recommend is called Tangerine
  • If you prefer shine over pigmentation in your lip gloss, then I think you will be very pleased with this Brightening Lip Gloss

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This Bobbi Brown Brightening Lip Gloss in Pink was included in a set of three mini lip glosses that I got as a free gift with a purchase at Bloomingdale’s. What’s interesting about Bobbi’s lip gloss is that she has five separate types. One collection represents the creamy lip glosses that feature opaque colors. Then she has the shimmer lip glosses, which have a pearly finish. Her glitter lip glosses have specks of colorful light or glitter mixed into the gloss. She has her clear, colorless gloss (crystal, as she calls it). And then there is the brightening lip gloss. I really didn’t know much about this one until recently. The brightening gloss is supposed to make your lips appear fuller.

Well, my lips are

rather thin, so unfortunately, it will take a miracle to make them look fuller (without actually getting plastic surgery). So I’m not sure whether this lip gloss makes them look fuller — maybe just a little. But I will say that this is a shiny gloss, so maybe that has something to do with this special formula that she has created. It says on the website that it is a “reflective” formula, so that’s probably why it is reflecting so much light off of my lips. And the shade that I own is called Pink (simple enough name). It is a lovely, pearlized cotton candy shade of pink in the tube. On my lips, it is very sheer and shimmery, and I can hardly ...

• tell that it is pink.

This is a good lip gloss to wear over lipstick. It really is nice and bright on my face, and it’s almost as shiny as Bobbi’s crystal clear lip gloss. (That REALLY packs a shine!) I say if you are tempted to try one of Bobbi’s lip glosses, then see how you like the crystal one first.

Then if you like that one, you may want to move on to one of the colors. The shade I would recommend is called Tangerine. It is a bright orange coral color, and it looks very attractive on the lips. The pigmentation is good, but it is not so strong that the color looks too bright.

As far as Bobbi’s Brightening Lip Gloss goes, I

would recommend it. It is $20. But before I would spend that money on it, I would first look at all six brightening shades at the Bobbi Brown counter. You may find one you like better than the Pink shade I have, although truthfully, most of the colors are pale. (Bloomingdale’s and Nordstrom carry Bobbi Brown make-up. You can also find it on the QVC website.)

If you prefer shine over pigmentation in your lip gloss, then I think you will be very pleased with this Brightening Lip Gloss. I think $20 is a little expensive for lip gloss, but I have seen a few that are even pricier (in the department stores). So if you don’t mind paying that much, then you may want to try it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110111325951030/k2311a1110/11.10.10