NARS Lip Gloss in Striptease  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think this was when Bloomingdale's used to carry NARS make-up
  • Unfortunately, though, I won't be able to wear it that way, because I have just about finished my mini bonus sample of Striptease gloss
  • So I would really only recommend this gloss if you want to wear it on top of a nude lipstick to give it more shine, or if you just want a plain and simple, colorless gloss to sweep on to give your lips moisture

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This is one of the daring names that you find so often in the NARS lipstick and lip gloss collections. Some of the other names are Promiscuous, Manhunt, and Sexual Healing - just to name a few. I got this lip gloss in Striptease as a bonus when I made a purchase at the NARS counter. I think this was when Bloomingdale’s used to carry NARS make-up.

This shade called Striptease is a flesh-colored lip gloss, and it is opaque, so it doesn’t have any pearly shimmer in it. Without that satin finish, this lip

gloss doesn’t do very much for my face. First of all, it is not that shiny. Maybe it’s because I’m at the bottom of the tube, and I hardly have any gloss left. But because this is a nude color, and because it is flat and doesn’t have any shimmer, it looks kind of washed out on my face. It does have some shine, but I think this nude gloss will serve more of a purpose if you sweep it over a nude lipstick (or any color of lipstick). It will look especially pretty if you sweep it over a nude matte lipstick, because mattes don’t have shine. This would look very nice over my MAC lipstick in Honey Love, which is a beige matte lipstick. Unfortunately, though, I won’t be able to wear it that way, because I have just about finished my mini bonus sample of Striptease gloss.

I am not sure whether I will buy a tube either, because it is $24. That’s a lot to spend on lip gloss. I can buy Bobbi Brown’s Crystal Lip Gloss for $17, and it delivers a strong shine.

• NARS Lip Gloss in Striptease
      That’s a $7 savings over the NARS lip gloss. I will only buy the NARS gloss in Striptease if it comes in a set with other lip glosses and is a special price. The NARS website carries lip sets, but I am also curious to see whether Sephora carries any.

So I would really only recommend this gloss if you want to wear it on top of a nude lipstick to give it more shine, or if you just want a plain and simple, colorless gloss to sweep on to give your lips moisture. But

really, I’m sure that less expensive cosmetic companies, like Revlon or Maybelline, carry plain and simple glosses like this one. I have not tried any of them, so I can’t make a comparison. But you may want to check it out.

The NARS website features a set of five lip gloss shades (including Striptease) for $40. So that is something you may want to keep in mind if you are interested in trying Striptease. It gives you the opportunity to sample four other shades, too, including the famous Orgasm shade (which is NARS’ most popular one).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110111325941030/k2311a1110/11.10.10