Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Sandwash Pink
  • But I don't think this is a good shade for teenage girls to wear to the prom, because it is a little too dead and it isn't a frosted pink lipstick
  • For an evening function, if you are going to wear a soft shade of lipstick, then I think it should at least have shimmer
  • I think it would even look interesting over a toasty brown shade
  • But I would recommend it only if you are thinking about wearing it with the smoky-eye look, or if you are going to mix it with other lipstick shades and create your own unique shade

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This Bobbi Brown lipstick in Sandwash Pink was included in Bobbi’s lip and cheek palette for 2009. Bobbi has released a new lip palette every year (for the past few years, at least), so I always look forward to them and I have purchased each one since 2008. I have already purchased the 2010 lip palette, (the pink and gold collection) and it is lovely.

I tried Bobbi’s lip color in Sandwash Pink, which is a soft opaque pink (no shimmer whatsoever). This color is a

little too pale for me. I guess it is okay if you are just going somewhere casual, like a mall or something. If you are going to the theater or to a party at a friend’s house, then I would wear something brighter and flashier. Of course pale pink is always appropriate for spring and summer time. But I don’t think this is a good shade for teenage girls to wear to the prom, because it is a little too dead and it isn’t a frosted pink lipstick. For an evening function, if you are going to wear a soft shade of lipstick, then I think it should at least have shimmer.

This is a somewhat smooth lipstick, although honestly, it is not as creamy and moist as Bobbi’s metallic lipsticks. I think this soft pink color would probably look good if you are wearing that popular smoky-eyed look. That way you would be playing up your eyes with strong eyeliner and eye shadow, and you would not be drawing too ...

• Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Sandwash Pink
      much attention to your lips. Because this lip color is pretty natural looking on your lips, I think it would compliment the bold eye make-up nicely.

I also think that this is the kind of shade that you need to blend with other lipstick shades. It would look lovely over a deep plum shade or a bright raspberry shade. I think it would even look interesting over a toasty brown shade. I have heard that pink and brown go well together.

So this is the kind of

shade that you may want to experiment with. It is $22, which is a lot of money, especially for a color that does not even make my face come alive. That’s why I am glad that it was included in my lip palette, and I didn’t have to pay all that money for it. But I would recommend it only if you are thinking about wearing it with the smoky-eye look, or if you are going to mix it with other lipstick shades and create your own unique shade.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110111325821030/k2311a1110/11.10.10