Bobbi Brown Glitter Lip Gloss
  • This Bobbi Brown Glitter Lip Gloss was included in a limited-edition lip and cheek palette that Bobbi released last holiday season (I believe)
  • I think the shade that is in the palette was an exclusive, limited-edition shade (called Golden Topaz)
  • I am also disappointed that the Golden Topaz shade is so sheer
  • I don't know whether other cosmetic companies have released glittery lip glosses, so unfortunately, I can't make a comparison

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This Bobbi Brown Glitter Lip Gloss was included in a limited-edition lip and cheek palette that Bobbi released last holiday season (I believe). I think the shade that is in the palette was an exclusive, limited-edition shade (called Golden Topaz). I don’t see it on Bobbi’s website among all of the other shades.

This glitter lip gloss is similar to Bobbi’s shimmer lip glosses. It has a slightly pearly finish, but you also get some glittery specks in the gloss. This is very similar to Bobbi’s Glitter Lip Balm. I really don’t notice much difference. The specks of glitter are few and far between. I don’t think it is really that glittery. It’s kind of subtle. I have

to look closely in the mirror to see the glitter. I wish she had formulated this lip gloss to have more glitter in it. Maybe the subtle look is what she was going for.

I am also disappointed that the Golden Topaz shade is so sheer. I really don’t see any pigmentation here. I expected (or hoped) that it would have a golden, deep amber glow. But instead, it looks rather clear on my lips, except for the shimmer and soft glitter. When I looked at the other shades of glitter lip gloss on the website, they all look pale. So maybe Bobbi is trying to give us ladies a lip gloss that has a natural, barely-there look.

• Unfortunately, that isn’t what I want. Too many lip glosses on the market have that sheer, barely noticeable look. So I would rather have a lip gloss that has good color quality and strong pigmentation. I have thin lips, so that barely-there look doesn’t always do much to enhance my looks. I need some color to give my lips definition.

Bobbi’s Glitter Lip Gloss is $20. I think that’s a lot of money to spend on a lip gloss that isn’t too strong on glitter and pigmentation. But if you are a lady who likes the subtle look, then you may want to check out the pastel shades of this glitter lip gloss. I think it will look

pretty if you sweep it on top of lipstick or maybe even layer it on top of a bright, colorful lip gloss to give it some glitter.

I don’t know whether other cosmetic companies have released glittery lip glosses, so unfortunately, I can’t make a comparison. But now, after trying Bobbi’s Glitter Lip Gloss, I will be on the lookout to see what products other companies have released. I am sure that some other company out there is competing with Bobbi and has also released a glitter lip gloss. I will have to do some research and see if I can find a glitter lip gloss out there that is less expensive, has more glitter, and features stronger color pigmentation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110111325811030/k2311a1110/11.10.10