Safeway Select Garlic Chicken Ultra Thin Crust Pizza
1.0
  • The slices were thick and so, I found that even though I left this pizza in the oven longer than I should have, the garlic didn't cook well

• by CirclingCanvas

I was somewhat hesitant to purchase the Safeway Select Garlic Chicken Ultra Thin Crust Pizza. Although I most certainly like garlic and while I also enjoy chicken, I wasn’t very sure if I would like the two together on this pizza. It turned out though that I didn’t have much reason to worry and that wasn’t because the garlic and chicken combination exceeded my expectations, either. The amount of chicken that was placed as a topping on this pizza was so pitiful that it might as well have not even been there in the first place. Not only was there a paltry amount of poultry scattered across

this twelve-inch pizza, but each piece of chicken was ridiculously small. I barely tasted any chicken flavor despite the chicken supposedly being one of the primary toppings that this pizza had to offer. The other primary topping, the garlic, I can honestly say that I wish there was less off.

The garlic on this pizza had an old, stale taste to it. There were actual slices of garlic on this pizza as opposed to garlic powder. The slices were thick and so, I found that even though I left this pizza in the oven longer than I should have, the garlic didn’t cook well. This, combined with the ...

• oily layer of butter that resided underneath the cheese made this pizza pretty unpleasant to the taste. About the only thing that I did like about this pizza was the thin, crispy crust. The crust did indeed come crispy and that part of the pizza I did enjoy. The rest though was hampered by super small slices of chicken, large chunks of stale garlic that wouldn’t cook properly and an oily butter spread that just clashed in a bad way with the other flavors of this pizza, including the thin layer of mozzarella cheese.

The Safeway Select Garlic Chicken Ultra Thin Crust Pizza sells for three dollars and

forty-nine cents. It’s a cheap pizza to be sure, but it’s also a bad pizza no doubt. I tossed the rest of the slices in the trash after forcing down two slices. There wasn’t enough chicken, the garlic pieces were too big, old and hard and the oily buttery spread needed to be toned down in flavor for this pizza to be at least somewhat decent. The one thing that stood out about the pizza was the crust, but the crust alone can’t save this pizza from bring a major flop. I fee; that a “2″ rating is certainly appropriate considering just how bad this pizza is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2710111325470930/k2311a1110/11.10.10