Orajel Medicated Cold Sore Brush
  • The Orajel medication is certainly one of the more reasonably priced cold sore medications that's available in pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS, but it unfortunately doesn't work nearly as well as the far more expensive but certainly far more effective Canker-Rid medication

• by CirclingCanvas

Orajel Medicated Cold Sore Brush contains point five ounces of medication for five dollars and ninety-nine cents. The Orajel medication is certainly one of the more reasonably priced cold sore medications that’s available in pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS, but it unfortunately doesn’t work nearly as well as the far more expensive but certainly far more effective Canker-Rid medication. This medication from Orajel is supposed to considerably ease the discomfort caused by cold sores as well as help heal the cold sores more quickly, but while the medication does help with the pain, it doesn’t do much to heal a cold sore at a faster rate than if no medication had been applied, at least, that’s how it all played out for me.

The medication does do a fairly decent job of putting the pain caused by cold sores out to pasture. The relief comes relatively speedily

after the medication has been carefully applied to the affected area where the cold sore is residing. The medication keeps much of the pain at bay, although there still were noticeable twinges of discomfort, especially when smiling for prolonged periods of time and when eating. The medication did, at least, make having a cold sore more tolerable and I was able to thus focus more on what I needed to get done for the day rather than the pain. The medication does work to an extent, but what I was really hoping the medication would do, but it didn’t, was help to heal the cold sore more quickly so that the unsightly sore would be gone and I could resume my normal activities without having to worry about it.

Cold sores are ugly and unpleasant to look at, plain and simple. The discoloration, the inflammation, it’s all ...

• not very pretty. Having a cold sore seriously makes me want to just stay in the house because of how embarrassing having one is. It’s simply not something that I want to walk out of the house with and have others see. For that reason, I was hoping this medication would make the cold sore look less disgusting and heal it up more quickly than the natural healing process. I didn’t notice though any faster healing while using this medication and so the cold sore seemed to once again be around for close to two weeks. Just like other cold sore medications that I’ve tried, like Abreva, the stubborn cold sore just wouldn’t yield to the healing properties of the medication. The only medication that has worked very well for me is the Canker-Rid by Durham’s Bee Farm, Inc., and boy is that stuff ever expensive,
        but at least it heals my cold sores quickly, unlike the Orajel and other medications that I’ve tried.

Orajel Medicated Cold Sore Brush is a medication that’s partially effective. It does help with the pain caused by cold sores, although it won’t do away with the pain completely. It didn’t help to heal the cold sore that I had any quicker than if I hadn’t used any at all. That’s what I was counting on the medication to do, but it seemed ineffective in that regard. The price for the medication wasn’t bad, but considering how it failed to do all that it was supposed to do, I ultimately wasn’t overly satisfied with it. I’m still going to rate it a “4″ because it at least dealt with the pain and concealed much of the discomfort, but beyond that, the medication didn’t do what I needed it to do.

Orajel Medicated Cold Sore Brush

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2610111325370930/k2311a1110/11.10.10