Accusharp 001 Knife Sharpener  » Housewares  »
  • I did not want to throw them away when I heard about knife sharpeners, so I thought of reusing them by sharpening them
  • In other words, I bought this knife sharpener to help recycle my knives so I can save money
  • I like how the blades fit well inside the arch, and the arch does not break nor does it rust
  • I never owned a knife sharpener before, and so I was impressed by how easy it was to handle for newbies like me, and for advanced users as well

• by hehehe

I purchased AccuSharp 001 Knife Sharpener which was worth $10 online, at Amazon,a few years ago. I own many knives, around 15 of them, like cheese knives, bread knives, regular knives, big knives, and thin knives which served various purposes, and most of which were a year old or so. I did not want to throw them away when I heard about knife sharpeners, so I thought of reusing them by sharpening them. In other words, I bought this knife sharpener to help recycle my knives so I can save money.

AccuSharp 001 Knife Sharpener is made by AccuSharp. It weighs 1.6 oz and has a blue and white color combination. It was actually 5.5 x 0.8 x 2.2 inches in diameters and is small in size. It also had a manual on how to use it. The design is

a little odd and perplexing if you have not seen it before, but it was actually simple to use.

The product consists of a small handle where you can hold it, and there is a single arch where you need to place the knife blade between so you can sharpen it. To use it, just put the product down on a level surface like a table and draw the blade up against the sharpener. Place it in between the small arch where there is space, and slide the blade for a few times while it sharpens the blade. It will take 5-10 seconds before the blade is sharpened - I was actually awed by how fast the product sharpened my cheese knife which was a little over a year old.

The product can handle knives of different lengths. I have knives which are over 8 inches long, chef and kitchen knives which are around 9 inches in length and paring knives at 5 inches and below. Thing is, it can handle different lengths well, without breaking the blade and without damaging any part. I like how the blades fit well inside the arch, and the arch does not break nor does it rust. In fact, as far as my blades are concerned, they are intact, are not rusty nor thin, and are working well and good, with their lethal sharpness back and without any damaged parts.

In fact, it is extremely easy to use that’s why I like it. I never owned a knife sharpener before, and so I was impressed by how easy it was to handle for newbies like me, and for advanced users as well. In other ...

• Accusharp 001 Knife Sharpener
      words, you don’t need to be skilled at using this product to have the sharpest knife. It typically takes 3-4 times to sharpen a knife that’s over a year old, or less if that’s a few months old. However, if your knives are very old and are no longer sharp, you should do it 10 times. You should handle it with care though, because if you strike your finger at the blade you might get hurt.

What I like most about AccuSharp 001 Knife Sharpener is that, it is fast enough to sharpen a blade no matter how old it is. You don’t need to run it for hours. In fact, it only takes seconds, which means my knives are sharpened fast and in no time. Doing so is not at all tiring. It is fast, effective and requires no

special instructions. You don’t need to sharpen your knife each time you will use it – once a week is good, but it depends on how dull your blade is.

Maintaining it is easy. You don’t need to clean it rigorously because it is easy to clean. You only need to wipe it once a week. Its arch does not get rusty, either, and I like how it does not need to be dissembled before you clean it.

Lastly, it is compact in design which makes it easy for anyone without a large space in the kitchen to set it aside. You can also bring it anywhere, in case you will need it.

For under $10, it is a cheaper alternative to those costlier knife sharpeners which do the same things. It is easy, fast and portable, making it worth my money.

Accusharp 001 Knife Sharpener

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5310111325180830/k2311a1110/11.10.10