Rob Thomas, solo music recording artist
  • The lyrics are great and I think that he turns in a fine performance for the song
  • I love the lyrics to the song and he performs it well in my opinion, but I really do not like the music for it
  • His ability to move mountains with his entrancing lyrics is amazing

• by Zoey7879

As the front man of the popular Florida band Tabitha’s Secret and later of the more globally known Matchbox 20, Thomas performed very well. However, I feel that his most profound songwriting and performing ventures have been as a solo recording artist.

‘Smooth’ is a song with a slightly Spanish sound that he wrote and recorded in 1999 with beloved guitarist Carlos Santana. The song great vocals, wonderful lyrics, and a smooth, sweet rhythm. I wouldn’t say that it’s a dance-to song, but it’s great to listen to in the office or while working.

‘Lonely No More’ is a quite popular song by this wonderful artist. The lyrics are great and I think that he turns

in a fine performance for the song. When wrapped up with the music video and the music itself, I don’t care for them at all. This is not particularly my favorite Rob Thomas song, but I can’t deny the lyrical genius that he is.

‘This is How a Heart Breaks’ is a fast paced song with great lyrics and a good musical accompaniment. The music video is as equally fast paced and enjoyable. Thomas’ performance in the video is attention getting, as he manages to play the part of “frightened runner” very well. I really like this song, but I think that is primarily because it is a break away from the pace of music ...

• that he usually writes.

‘Her Diamonds’ is another example of Thomas’ lyrical genius. I love the lyrics to the song and he performs it well in my opinion, but I really do not like the music for it.

‘Ever the Same’ is one of my personal favorites. Thomas wrote the song for and about his wife as she battles an illness. The music is relaxing, the lyrics memorable and inspiring, and the music beautiful is absolutely beautiful. These three things combined are why I love this song.

‘Now Comes the Night’ is another breathtakingly beautiful song that Thomas wrote for and about his wife. It’s a quiet melody usually performed with only a guitar and piano that

tells the story of a couple loving and caring for each other through thick and thin and growing old together. There is no particular music video accompanying the song. It’s soft, quiet, and shows a very tender side of this multi-talented performer.

Rob Thomas has been considered to be one of the most profound and memorable songwriters of the last twenty years. His ability to move mountains with his entrancing lyrics is amazing. His live performances are stunning and this amazing superstar often shows a great deal of emotion as he sings. With his stunning talent, little boy charm, and smooth move, I’ve found it really difficult to not enjoy the music of Rob Thomas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1410111324980830/k2311a1110/11.10.10