Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15  » Cosmetics  »
  • I learned about the cosmetics company Fresh through Sephora and QVC
  • I think this Sugar Lip Treatment is something like a lip balm, except it uses sugar as one of its main ingredients and it has SPF 15
  • I am actually a little surprised at how much I like this lip treatment
  • I guess I was originally afraid that it might be a little dry, because that is a problem that I run into sometimes with lip balm
  • But I don't think that's the purpose this lip treatment is supposed to serve

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I learned about the cosmetics company Fresh through Sephora and QVC. Fresh is a company that uses a lot of natural ingredients in their products, and one of the ingredients they use the most is sugar. As it says on the Fresh website, this Sugar Lip Treatment “nourishes, protects, and plumps” the lips. It contains such unusual and healthful ingredients as blackcurrant oil, antioxidants, and vitamins A, C, and E. I purchased this as part of a holiday set that Sephora is currently selling. I am always curious to try new lip products from companies I have never heard of before.

It gives me a chance to become familiar with the company and see what it is all about.

I think this Sugar Lip Treatment is something like a lip balm, except it uses sugar as one of its main ingredients and it has SPF 15. So that is good for women who spend a lot of time outdoors. I am actually a little surprised at how much I like this lip treatment! It is surprisingly moist and smooth, and it makes me want to rub my lips together to feel its creaminess. I guess I was originally afraid that it might be a little dry, because that is a problem that I run into sometimes with lip balm. But this is not technically a balm. The Sugar Lip Treatment that I own is the clear, non-tinted one. It also comes in a rose tint and in a plum tint. Mine is a translucent, pale yellow color on the tube, but when I apply it to my lips, it is clear. It has a soft and subtle shine, but is not as strong as the shine you get from a lip gloss. But I don’t think that’s the purpose this lip treatment is supposed ...

• Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15
      to serve. Think of this as a high-end Chapstick, except this has natural ingredients and it is creamier than Chapstick. Also, it contains fatty acids that are supposed to make lips fuller.

This Sugar Lip Treatment is $22.50, which I think is expensive, so I would recommend getting it in that set that I bought at Sephora. It’s called the Sugar Rush set ($28). It includes the full size of the clear Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15, a 3.4 ounce tube of Brown Sugar Body Cream, and a Brown Sugar perfume sample. Those three products are tucked away in a festive, metallic

burgundy cosmetic bag. It think it makes much more sense to get all of that for $28, as opposed to getting the lip treatment alone for $22.50. After all, with the winter months approaching, our skin will be getting dryer and we will be needing body cream more than ever. And what better place to store those goodies in than a chic make-up bag?

I like this product, so now I am tempted to buy the rose and plum-tinted sugar lip treatments. I only wish they were not so expensive, and I wish all three of them were sold as a set!

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319111324660730/k2311a119/11.9.10