Kid Cake Mix Fun Recipe for Lemon Cheese Bars  » Recipes  »
  • On one occasion, when the kitchen was calling to me to put together something extra sweet and extra scrumptious, I found myself searching through a kid’s cookbook for some ideas on what it was I was craving
  • I love how this recipe is so rich and creamy and you can really taste the cream cheese inside the recipe
  • They were a big hit when I made them and I know that it is a recipe that I will go back to again and again

• by Susanna Frank

At times, I simply get an urge to go on a baking spree. And when these moments come to me, I want to make sure the whatever it is I whip up, is a fresh new recipe that I haven’t tried before and will be absolutely mouth watering to those I serve it to. My guilty pleasure of cooking as always been desserts, and I don’t think I can ever get tired of whipping them up in the kitchen. On one occasion, when the kitchen was calling to me to put together something

extra sweet and extra scrumptious, I found myself searching through a kid’s cookbook for some ideas on what it was I was craving. When I came across the recipe of Lemon Cheese Bars (Kids Cake Mix Fun recipe), I knew that I needn’t look any further.

This recipe calls for:

1 package (18 ¼ ounces) white or yellow cake mix with pudding in the mix 2 eggs, divided 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese 1/3 cup sugar 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or lemon extract)

You preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

• Combine the cake mix, 1 egg and oil in a large bowl and stir the ingredients until crumbly. Reserve one cup of the cake mixture. Pressing the ingredients it into the bottom of an ungreased pan you are cooking in. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.

Combine the remaining egg, cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice and beat the ingredients until the quanitity is smooth and blended together. Spread this over the crust and then gather the cup of reserved cake mix and sprinkle that over the mixture.

Bake this for 15 minutes as well and set to cool.

I love how this recipe is so rich and creamy and you can really taste the cream cheese inside the recipe. The crust is not to crunchy but full of flavor, and by using cake mix with a pudding inside gives these Lemon Cheese Bars even more creamy and flavorful texture to them. They were a big hit when I made them and I know that it is a recipe that I will go back to again and again.

Hope that other’s can also enjoy this recipe as well!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 499111324550730/k2311a119/11.9.10