Suvarnabhumi airport, Bangkok  » Airlines  »
Racha Thewa, Bang Phli, Samut Prakan, Thailand 10540
  • Finally I noticed that there was a public taxi service desk just outside the exit gate

• by Pusaka

This is a new airport of Bangkok, Thailand. The Thai pronounce it as soo-wan-na-poom. When I arrived at this airport, the first impression I got was ‘a very big airport but less beautiful compared to Changi in Singapore’. There are a number of giant statues picturing Thai gods and goddesses. The immigration procedure was easy and fast as there were a lot of immigration desks in operation. As for the luggage, I did not bring a lot of them, so I just passed by the luggage conveyor. As in many other airports, I saw endless of bookstores, florists, restaurants, and banks on the way to the main exit gate.

My main problems

were: there was nobody picked me up from the airport, and this was my first visit to Thailand, and I cannot speak any Thai. My next destination was a hotel located in Silom area in the city of Bangkok. There was a limo taxi service desk just a few steps after the custom. As for the taxi fare to the city, they asked me to pay 950 baht or 35 US dollars which ofcourse did not suit my budget. There was another taxi service desk just before the exit gate, and the fare was no much different from the first one. Finally I noticed that there was a public taxi service ...

• desk just outside the exit gate. It seemed that all Thais prefer to use this taxi more than the other two. Fortunately I had a hotel voucher with me, and the most important thing it was written in Thai. Including airport surcharge and expressway fees, I had to pay just 450 baht (17 US dollars), less than half of the limo fare.

A few days later, I came back to this airport to continue my travel. The check-in desk space is very huge, it therefore looks empty. There was nothing unusual with the check-in procedure. After the immigration, I saw another big and very long space decorated with a small traditional Thai

house and a long Thai dragon. When I was already in the waiting room, I wanted to exchange some money, so I went out to the departure lounge to find a money changer. A quarter of an hour later, I came back to the waiting room but I could not enter as the door was locked from inside. There was no single person in charge passing by for another 15 minutes. Finally the door was opened after another passenger inside the waiting room had noticed me and told an officer to reopen the door. I do not understand as why the waiting room door had to be locked while awaiting for the boarding time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 409111324480730/k2311a119/11.9.10