The Zon Hotel at Kuala Lumpur  » Hotels  »
161-D Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur 50450 Malaysia
  • It isn’t a five-star hotel, but it’s very convenient and it’s big enough for me and my family and relatives to stay when we vacation there
  • The view is amazing – the living and room and one of the rooms facing the Petronas ables you to gaze at the park’s view and at the brightly-lit Petronas towers during the night
  • It also offers free buffet breakfast for 4 persons and I found the buffet breakfast tasty and very filling
  • I would recommend this to anyone visiting Kuala Lumpur, it has a very great location, great rooms, and great services

• by reviewer

Whenever I visit Malaysia, I only stay at one hotel there, and it’s right at the heart of Kuala Lumpur, The Zon Hotel – and it’s the perfect hotel for me! It isn’t a five-star hotel, but it’s very convenient and it’s big enough for me and my family and relatives to stay when we vacation there. The hotel is the most comfortable and convenient location I’ve been in there, you also can’t beat their hotel rates!

The hotel is just right beside the park at Kuala Lumpur, and every morning and every night we walk around the park with a playground and enjoy the scenery and the walk before we go back to the hotel. It has a very nice location and the staff and amenities are great too.

Every time we stay here we hire the 2-bedroom superior suite, which is a 140 square meter suite, and it’s just like you’re at home too! There’s a kitchen, a dining room, a living

room, two bedrooms each with separate bathrooms, and the bedrooms are really big too! There’s also a washing room and a small balcony in which you can take a quick smoke if you want to. The view is amazing – the living and room and one of the rooms facing the Petronas ables you to gaze at the park’s view and at the brightly-lit Petronas towers during the night. The furniture and television and cabinets are all adequately nice and their dining table seats 6 persons, just right a for a family! If you have guests there’s always the couches on the sala and at one time about 10 of us had occupied this suite, and it was just right for us! It was like living on an apartment that’s quite big, and the restrooms were just adequate for us too. The bathrooms have also bathtubs, and they’re even bigger than the ones I have at home. The bathroom is adequately ...

• equipped with a blowdyer and towels and the necessary toiletries. The rooms are fully equipped with strong air-conditioning and television with cable tv. They have a safe in-room safe at 1 room and we always use this for keeping passports and such. Since there’s also a washing room in this suite, you can also find an iron and an ironing board in the suite. But what’s great is they also offer laundry service, and when they wash your clothes it’s already available the next day! This is just a nice hotel, I’ve no complaints about it.

The 140-square meter suite is very big for a hotel and it’s just perfect for families. It also offers free buffet breakfast for 4 persons and I found the buffet breakfast tasty and very filling. You might think there would be lots of spicy Malaysian food but they have good old hotdogs, sausages, French toasts and hams as well! It’s a very nice breakfast and

it’s up to 10 am, which is great because when we eat that time, it’s just like taking brunch too.

As for the staff, what can I say? Malaysian people are the friendliest in Asia, and it’s a pleasure talking and doing business with them. They are very friendly and will tend to your needs and calls in the quickest time possible, and you’ll hardly find fault with them. The concierge is friendly, and there’s even a small internet office which you can find at the ground floor and you can use them too.

The Zon Hotel is a very relaxing home away from home that’s not ultimate luxury like Shangri-La or The Peninsula, but even if I could afford those hotels, I would gladly stay here, as the ambience is really different and not stuffy like the posh hotels, and the service is very genuine as well. I would recommend this to anyone visiting Kuala Lumpur, it has a very great location, great rooms, and great services.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29111324430730/k2311a119/11.9.10