Lancome L’ Absolu Rouge Lipstick in Saffron Silk  » Cosmetics  »
  • In my experience of shopping for department-store cosmetics, I have found that Lancome lipsticks are among the most expensive of the brands
  • So when I bought this L' Absolu Rouge lipstick in Saffron Silk, the only way I was going to purchase it was if I was getting a free gift with the purchase
  • I like that, because I don't have any other lipstick colors like that
  • I don't think that is the case with this Saffron Silk shade
  • I think that is the wisest and most economical way to purchase this expensive lipstick

• by Lisa Pellegrini

In my experience of shopping for department-store cosmetics, I have found that Lancome lipsticks are among the most expensive of the brands. So when I bought this L’ Absolu Rouge lipstick in Saffron Silk, the only way I was going to purchase it was if I was getting a free gift with the purchase. That’s exactly what I did. Bloomingdale’s was promoting a Lancome gift with a purchase, so that gave me a chance to try another one of their lipstick lines. I had tried a couple of their other lines about a year ago.

Ladies, I must tell you, I

have been happy with all of the Lancome lipstick lines and shades that I have tried. I can understand why they are such an expensive brand. This L’ Absolu Rouge lipstick, for example, is moisturizing and the color is very rich and vibrant. I would say that the Saffron Silk shade is a combination of red and coral, and it has a metallic sheen. I like that, because I don’t have any other lipstick colors like that. This is a very cheerful color and a hot color that will bring you many compliments! Also, since it has both red tones and coral tones, that means it is a good color to wear in spring time and during the Christmas season as well. The metallic sheen makes it especially beautiful for the holiday season. It makes me think of red Christmas ball ornaments, red bows, and red ribbons that you tie around presents and wreaths.

I like that this color is a hard color to pink down, because it’s not a true coral but it’s not a true red either. It is a bright, eye-popping color. I just want to warn you about that, in case you tend to steer away from ...

• Lancome L' Absolu Rouge Lipstick in Saffron Silk
      bright lipsticks. But it is not what I would call ridiculously bright. Every once in a blue moon, I see a woman wearing a really bright red lipstick. I wonder what she could have been thinking that made her want to put that on. I don’t think that is the case with this Saffron Silk shade. It is bright but not so bright that it will scare you away from wearing it.

This Lancome L’ Absolu Rouge lipstick is $29. I think that is very costly, especially since you can buy two Clinique lipsticks for that price! (Clinique lipstick is $14

a tube.) But if you really want to see what these pricey Lancome lipsticks are like, then I would strongly recommend that you wait until one of the department stores is promoting a gift with a Lancome purchase. They normally offer six or seven items in the gift. The items usually include an eye shadow palette, lipstick and/or lip gloss, and anti-aging moisturizer. Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, and Nordstrom are some of the department stores who carry Lancome. I think that is the wisest and most economical way to purchase this expensive lipstick. That way you can sample some of Lancome’s other products as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319111324250630/k2311a119/11.9.10