Kiehl’s Blue Herbal Moisturizer  » Cosmetics  »
  • I tend to be very skeptical when buying facial moisturizers partly because I have very oily, acne-prone skin which is very prone to shine as especially in the humid tropical climate

• by Magpie

This is a moisturizer that was recommended by the staff at Kiehl’s for oily skin. The main ingredients in it are Salicylic Acid, Cinnamon Bark extract and Ginger Root extract for ‘oily, blemish-prone skin’.

I tend to be very skeptical when buying facial moisturizers partly because I have very oily, acne-prone skin which is very prone to shine as especially in the humid tropical climate. But I have to say, this is the first moisturizer which has satisfied all my my criteria. I use it in

the morning before I head out and again at night before I go to sleep. In the mornings I find that this provides the perfect amount of moisture for my skin before putting makeup on (despite having very oily skin I do get patches of dry skin around my face). This moisturizer takes care of the patches so that I get an even application from my foundation. I’ve had days where I was in a rush and forgot to apply the moisturizer before I put ...

• my foundation on and there is a huge difference- my skin tends to get shiny much faster without the moisturizer. When I use it at night, I wake up with soft skin and without an oil slick on my face - very pleasant to look at in the mornings!

My only gripe about this is it does not contain SPF, so people who are looking for 2-in-1 products would not find it with this one. Also it claims to help clear blemishes and make your pores

look smaller - both of which I did not notice.

Also, a word of warning for people who don’t have very oily skin - this may not be moisturizing enough for you. I’ve had friends with oily skin who’ve borrowed it a couple of times and complain that it doesn’t do anything for them. It’s got ‘montmorillonite’ in it which is a form of clay which I guess contributes to it’s oil absorbing powers. I guess this is a niche product for people with really oily skin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319111324150630/k2311a119/11.9.10