Sergeant’s Flea & Tick Powder for Cats  » Pets  »
  • After previous products had not worked I decided to give it a try

• by Melissa Glenn

This summer our house cats got really bad fleas and our Veterinarian suggest we try Sergeant’s Flea & Tick Powder for Cats. We had never had a flea infestation on our pets before; they are indoor cats and should not have got fleas. We went to the Veterinarian office and paid $8.99CDN for this 150gram box of flea powder.

Sergeant’s was not a name I knew in relation to pet products. There was quite a lot of information onthe cylindical shape tube. On the front it says that this powder ‘Quick kill

with residual action’. My Vet told me it meant that not only did this flea powder kill the fleas it actually prevents them from coming back and kills any flea eggs that were left. After previous products had not worked I decided to give it a try.

I was a little worried that this product might bother my cats even though my Veterinarian told me it is completely safe, even to apply with my hands. The ingredients are Carbaryl 5.0%, Pyrothrins 0.1%, and Piperonyl Butoxide 1.0%, which are the medicinal ingredients. It ...

• did make me wonder what the other 95% of the powder was.

When I went to apply this Flea & Tick Powder on my cats they didn’t seem to mind. They didn’t run, or object, even when I combed it through their long hair. The powder is white with a faint medicinal smell but they didn’t seem to mind the smell and it did quickly evaporate. Within about thirty minutes my cats had stopped scratching at themselves, and within two days all their fleas were gone completely.

I continued to apply Sergeant’s Flea

& Tick Powder for Cats twice a week to my cats throughout the summer, and I have to say it worked really well. I did learn that the other 95% of the product is baking soda, but it is the 5% medicine that is what is necessary to kill the fleas. People who just try to use baking soda to get rid of fleas will not kill them all nor get rid of all the flea eggs. I’m just happy Sergeant’s Flea & Tick Powder for Cats, cured mine of all their fleas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 299111324120630/k2311a119/11.9.10