Vtech telephone Model CS5111  » Electronics  »
  • I thought I got a great deal, Vtech sells two home phones in a package for $39.99CDN plus tax

• by Melissa Glenn

We needed a new telephone for our home. Most of the time we use our cell phones but as I still have a land line, I need a reliable telephone. I went to Walmart and bought the Vtech telephone Model CS5111. I thought I got a great deal, Vtech sells two home phones in a package for $39.99CDN plus tax. These are cordless telephones, which are great for my busy household, and they operate on a 5.8GHZ system.

You might wonder why a 5.8GHZ system is important; a

few weeks back when we went to use our landline we could hear another couple on our telephone. We called our telephone company and they said it is because our home phone was not at a high enough GHZ rate, so we would continue to get interference, especially as we live high on a hill and our home is surrounded by trees.

The vtech phones came with their own cradles. All I had to do was plug them in. The cradles that the telephones rest in are ...

• a silver color with the vtech symbol directly below where the telephone rest. To the right is a mini aerial, and two light switches which light up if a message is waiting (red light) or a green light if the other telephone is in use. These are energuide phones meaning that they don’t use as much energy as traditional house phones.

The telephones themselves have about a two inch screen which displays the time, date, and the name and telephone number of who has called, and can store

the last twenty five numbers that have called my home. The buttons of the phone are about a centimeter long each which makes dialing a breeze. The sound when I call someone on these telephones is crisp and clear and I no longer get any interference or static when I make a call.

If you need new house telephones but want the cordless variety, try vtech model CS5111, they come in a package of two, and the price just cannot be beat for $39.99CDN. For more information visit www.vtech.com.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 169111324110630/k2311a119/11.9.10