Beyonce, Heat Perfume  » Perfume  »
1.5
  • This perfume isn't cheap either, it cost $49.99CDN for a 50ml bottle
  • My favourite thing about the packaging for this perfume was the red box it came in with gold lettering with Beyonce's name and the name of the perfume, Heat, and that it was a 100ml bottle
  • At first I thought it wasn't bad, although I would have preferred no vanilla

• by Melissa Glenn

I am a huge fan of Beyonce the singer, so when a family member bought me a bottle of her brand new fragrance Heat, I was just estatic. This perfume isn’t cheap either, it cost $49.99CDN for a 50ml bottle. The little tag on the side of the bottle showed a picture of Beyonce. The photograph had obviously been shot with a soft lense as Beyonce was a little fuzzy, and she was wearing very pale make-up. The fragrance sells itself as a soft ‘oriental vanilla’ scent. And that

is when I went uh-oh, as I do not care for vanilla scents, they tend to make me think of baked goods and make me hungry.

This bottle is designed in a very classy way, it almost looks like a retro 1950’s bottle, in clear glass that is narrow at the top, and widens out at the bottom, almost the way a bell does. The bottom of the glass is a red color, and this two color design really does give it an appealing look, at least in my eye. The top of the bottle has the atomizer protected by a small plastic cap. My favourite thing about the packaging for this perfume was the red box it came in with gold lettering with Beyonce’s name and the name of the perfume, Heat, and that it was a 100ml bottle. I just couldn’t wait to try it.

I sprayed a little bit of this Heat fragrance by Beyonce on each of my wrists. Almost instantly I could smell spice like ylang-ylang and some musk scent then an under note of vanilla hit ...

• Beyonce, Heat Perfume
      my nose, followed by a citrus scent. At first I thought it wasn’t bad, although I would have preferred no vanilla. Then after about ten minutes the spice smell got stronger and seemed to compete with some floral notes, after another five minutes I began coughing and my eyes began watering. This Heat fragrance is just way too strong!

In the end I just had to wash it off. It smelled so strong it was like I had coated my whole body in this scent. Even worse I couldn’t even tell

what the scent was, its like they just mashed a whole bunch of scents together. As for Heat, well I certainly got that in my nostrils, this perfume literally burned them.

I am starting to wonder why celebrities keep coming out with their own perfume line, a lot of them don’t seem to last and I certainly hope that this Heat fragrance by Beyonce doesn’t stay around long. It was so awful the dog literally ran away from me while I was wearing it, and I don’t intend to ever wear it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 569111324060630/k2311a119/11.9.10