Adobe Fireworks CS5  » Software  »
  • Unfortunately I had to buy it because I needed this software to edit a few logos
  • I thought that I was going to get some major extra features on this software and maybe I do but I have yet to master this software
  • It loads pretty fast though and that was something that I was impressed with
  • It had so many things it had to load up that the speed was something that I thought was going to be an issue
  • Even though the price is a little steep, I truly believe that this software is definitely worth the cost

• by giniaslim

I had used image editors in my time but I have never thought that I would be using Adobe Fireworks CS5. First of all I had never taken the time to even check it out. I had heard of it but wasn’t in the need for it. So when I was forced to buy this software due to a project that I was using, I was stunned to see how much this software costs. They wanted me to pay a mere $299 for this software and I wasn’t too pleased to have to pay for this.

Unfortunately I had to buy it because I needed this software to edit a few logos. I thought that I was going to get some major extra features on this software and maybe I do but I have yet to master this software. There are features that I did like about this software and things that I didn’t like

about it. First of all it’s about 360MB so installing it was a huge deal.

It took up a lot of space on my computer. It was so big that I had to put it on an external hard drive for it to run.

It loads pretty fast though and that was something that I was impressed with. I wasn’t expecting for it to run as fast as it was because it was so big.

It had so many things it had to load up that the speed was something that I thought was going to be an issue. There are three different sections to this interface. There are three columns with different features in each column. The left column is the area where you have your vectors and editing tools.

It’s pretty self explanatory. The right side of the interface is the panel area that breaks down the slices of your images. This area ...

• is really complex and I haven’t learned it the way that I wanted to. The top area offers tons of different things like file editing, filter, view and etc.

Now my only problem with this software is that it didn’t come off all that junky at first but when I started editing, it seemed like everything just popped out at me. Everything was just all over the place and it was hard to really grasp the idea of using this software. It does offer a search feature, where I can search questions and tutorials. And they do a great job in giving me the search results that I am looking for.

I just feel like the interface should have been a little more simpler to use. I also think that they should offer a template as soon as you load this software onto your computer. They do offer resources and they keep me posted on

new features as they come along. They good thing about this software is that even though it costs $200, they do offer a 30 day free trial.

I was able to do everything that the software offered for free before I actually bought it. There aren’t a lot of software’s out there that actually offer this feature so they were a step above the rest. Editing my images were different at the beginning but as I began to learn how to use the software, I was astonished at how well it worked. It took my images to a totally different level.

I’ve found that created logo images in this software might be the best bet for any developer looking for an image creator. I can export and import images and I am able to recreate, edit and create images from scratch. Even though the price is a little steep, I truly believe that this software is definitely worth the cost.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 309111323580530/k2311a119/11.9.10