Passion Pit- Sleepyhead
  • It was definitely a very good purchase and I don’t regret it at all
  • I love the instrumental part of this song
  • His voice is definitely altered electronically to create a more futuristic and electronic feel to the song
  • The lyrics, however, are most definitely my favourite part of this song
  • I would recommend that you buy the full album instead of the song itself, since it’s a much better deal and one of the cheapest albums available

• by AzureSea

Sleepyhead is a song off of Passion Pit’s first EP, Chunk of Change, although it’s also on their first full album, Manners. Of all the songs that they have done, Sleepyhead is by far my favorurite, and I’ve had it on repeat for the last week, because it’s so addictive. It’s an indie electronic pop song, and is a great combination of lyrics, vocal talent, and instrumentals. The entire song sounds like a strange dream, and has a fantastical quality to it. I first heard it while watching an episode of Skins, a British TV show, in series 3. It was so good that I immediately looked up which song it was online and bought it off of iTunes, along with the rest of the album, Manners. I

had also heard of this band because they had done a remix of Alligator by Tegan and Sara. It was definitely a very good purchase and I don’t regret it at all.

I love the instrumental part of this song. The synth in this song is fantastically done, and really makes the song shine. It pulses behind the powerful vocals, and creates a dreamy, mystical kind of atmosphere. The beat of the drums goes well with the synth, and gives a suspenseful mood to the song. It has many different layers which combine to create a hooky, intense beat. However, it still gives off a pop like feel to the whole song.

The vocals are extremely powerful and loud, and seem to be bordering on falsetto, though I’m ...

• no expert. The singer, Michael Angelakos, can really belt out those words and his voice adds a sense of urgency to the tune as a whole. His voice is definitely altered electronically to create a more futuristic and electronic feel to the song. It definitely shines through well and really demonstrates how a voice can be utilized as an instrument.

The lyrics, however, are most definitely my favourite part of this song. The way they are sung makes it a bit hard to understand them, and they’re so weird that I’m not quite sure if I even have them right. They paint an almost magical, nonsensical scene and some of the words come together to create very poetic and beautiful images. You can almost feel the urgency

and tension increase in the second verse of the song. However, even though the lyrics feel poetic, I can’t make any sense of them whatsoever.

I would most definitely recommend this song to anyone who enjoys electronic music, and even if you don’t normally listen to electronic music, I would recommend that you try it out. It’s a very good electronic pop song, and probably one of my favourite songs of all time. It was offered for free for a while on iTunes, but now I believe that it costs $0.99 on iTunes and only $5.99 for the whole album, Manners. I would recommend that you buy the full album instead of the song itself, since it’s a much better deal and one of the cheapest albums available.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 148111323170330/k2311a118/11.8.10