NARS Lip Lacquer  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think this was a limited-edition set, and this was a great opportunity to try some of NARS lip products (especially the Multiples, since I understand they are very popular)
  • I thought that was great, because I had seen the lacquers in the stores, and they looked very tempting and pretty
  • I mixed together the two lip lacquers that were included in my lip set, but I was not that impressed with the results
  • I like the fact that this lip lacquer is packed with an assortment of natural ingredients like avocado oil, sesame seed oil, and jojoba seed oil
  • I recommend that you check out 100% Pure Cosmetics on the QVC website

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I only obtained this NARS Lip Lacquer when I purchased a lip set that includes two lipsticks, two lip lacquers, and two Multiples. (The Multiple is a stick of color that can be used for the eyes, lips, and cheeks.) I think this was a limited-edition set, and this was a great opportunity to try some of NARS lip products (especially the Multiples, since I understand they are very popular). It wasn’t until I took a good look at this set that I realized two of these were lip lacquers. I thought that was great, because I had seen the lacquers in the stores, and they looked very tempting and pretty.

Each shade of NARS Lip Lacquer comes in a little pot (like a lip gloss pot) and is $24. I guess NARS thinks of this as a lip gloss but

maybe a little creamier. I am not sure, really. I mixed together the two lip lacquers that were included in my lip set, but I was not that impressed with the results. It is creamy on my lips, but I had to put globs of color on my mouth before I really saw a good shine. And the two shades that are in the set are both pale on my lips, even after I mixed them together. One is called Chelsea Girls, which is a pale nude color. The other is called Eros, which is a dusty metallic rose. I get a stronger high-gloss shine from Bobbi Brown’s Crystal Lip Gloss, and that is only $17 a tube. (But that is a clear gloss.) I guess I would fare better with the deeper shades of NARS Lip Lacquer. But if ...

• I have to keep piling on more and more color, then that is a waste of expensive lip lacquer.

I like the fact that this lip lacquer is packed with an assortment of natural ingredients like avocado oil, sesame seed oil, and jojoba seed oil. Now I feel better about putting this on my lips! Plus, it also contains Vitamin A and Vitamin E. So this is beneficial for the health of your lips, even though it is not called a lip balm.

That is the only reason why I would recommend this product. Other than that, I think it is way too much money to spend. I recommend purchasing Bobbi Brown’s Crystal Lip Gloss instead if you really want a shine that makes your lips pop. And if you want color, apply your favorite lipstick first, and then sweep on Bobbi’s

clear lip gloss over the lipstick. It will really make your lipstick come to life!

As far as the NARS Lip Lacquer is concerned, if you can afford to spend $24 for those healthy ingredients in that nice little pot, then I would recommend that you choose a deeper or brighter color than the pale colors I got in my lip set. Try to pick a fire-engine red shade or a rich fuschia. Otherwise I think that anything lighter than that would just be a waste of money. After all, if it’s just the healthy ingredients that make this lip lacquer a worthwhile purchase, then you can find less expensive all-natural products on the market. I recommend that you check out 100% Pure Cosmetics on the QVC website. Their lip products are made with entirely organic ingredients like fruit and vegetable pigments. Happy hunting!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318111323010330/k2311a118/11.8.10