Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color in Coral Pink  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have a couple of her other creamy lipsticks, so I already knew from experience that it was a moisturizing lipstick
  • Because I was drawn to this bright and beautiful coral shade, I decided to purchase it
  • I think I am somewhat disappointed about that
  • It is just a touch softer, and it definitely is a pretty color
  • I would recommend this lipstick in this Coral Pink shade, because it is a lovely color

• by Lisa Pellegrini

When this Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color came out in the Coral Pink shade, I got kind of excited. It was such an eye-popping shade of coral. I have a couple of her other creamy lipsticks, so I already knew from experience that it was a moisturizing lipstick. Because I was drawn to this bright and beautiful coral shade, I decided to purchase it.

When I put this on, I discovered that it’s not quite as bright as it looks on the tube. It is just a tad bit lighter, but not that much. I think I am somewhat disappointed about that. I don’t have any other full-coverage coral shades of lipstick in the creamy formula (just a couple of metallic coral lipsticks), so

I was hoping this color would pack a little more of a punch. But it is still a lovely color. It’s in the range of a salmon coral, I would say. And it certainly is creamy on my lips, although I personally think that Bobbi’s metallic lipsticks feel even creamier.

Bobbi Brown’s creamy lip colors are $22. If you are put off by the brightness of the coral color on the tube, don’t worry. It’s not exactly as bright as that, when you apply it to your lips. It is just a touch softer, and it definitely is a pretty color. It’s an appropriate color to wear in the spring, and I think bridesmaids can make good use of this color. It will go ...

• with a pastel gown. High school girls can wear it to a spring dance. It is not so bright that it will take people’s attention off of whatever you are wearing. However, if you are going to a cocktail party, then this lipstick color may be too subtle. You may want to wear a brighter color that has more pizzazz, especially if you are going to a nightclub or comedy club. This soft coral lipstick may not show up too well in the dim lighting of a club.

So I think this is a good lipstick to wear if you are going to an outdoor fair in the spring or summer time. It’s a nice color to wear if you are interviewing for a

job, because it is not too bold or over the top. The interviewer can concentrate on you and your credentials, and he/she won’t be distracted by your lipstick.

I think $22 is a little expensive for lipstick, so I usually like to buy my Bobbi Brown make-up when Bloomingdale’s is offering a gift with a purchase. Or if you make a purchase on the Bobbi Brown website, then you will get free samples of other Bobbi Brown products. I would recommend this lipstick in this Coral Pink shade, because it is a lovely color. For those ladies out there who like softer coral lipsticks, this is the perfect shade for you. I’m just a wee bit disappointed that it’s not a tiny bit brighter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318111323000330/k2311a118/11.8.10