NARS Lipstick in Red Lizard  » Cosmetics  »
  • I would recommend that you wear this with a snazzy red dress if you go to a swanky restaurant for dinner
  • It is a sexy color that you will definitely want to wear when you are in an assertive mood and want people to sit up and take notice of you
  • The Red Lizard shade is a knockout red color, but I don't think you would be doing yourself a favor to purchase it when there are much less expensive red lipsticks on the market (like Clinique)

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This NARS lipstick in Red Lizard (weird name) came as part of a lip palette that included some other lip products, and I purchased the set in Lord & Taylor’s department store. I have another NARS lipstick called Casablanca, which I have received compliments on. So now I have the chance to try out a couple of the other lipsticks in this set.

I’m glad that I have a lip brush to apply this lipstick with, so I can use that to define my lips. That is not easy to do when you are applying lipstick directly from a tube, especially when the lipstick is red. I have thin lips, so it’s easy for me to go outside of my lip lines when I put

on lipstick. And if the lipstick is red, then it is even more noticeable. So I envy women who have full lips! They have more lip to work with.

When I put on the NARS lipstick in Red Lizard, I accidentally loaded too much lipstick on the brush. So when I put it on, it immediately went over my lip line a little. But as far as the lipstick goes, this is an intense color. It is a true red and not for the faint of heart! It says on the NARS website that this is a semi-matte lipstick. That’s probably why it does not feel very moist on my lips. I would recommend that you wear this with a snazzy red dress if you ...

• go to a swanky restaurant for dinner. Or wear it with a little black dress if you are attending an evening affair. It is a sexy color that you will definitely want to wear when you are in an assertive mood and want people to sit up and take notice of you.

This NARS lipstick is $24 a tube. That’s pretty costly for a basic red lipstick. Instead of buying this lipstick in Red Lizard, I would recommend buying Clinique’s Long Last Lipstick in Red Red Red. It is only $14, and it feels creamier than the NARS semi-matte lipstick. The Red Red Red shade is a little brighter than Red Lizard, but if you are okay with that, then look at all of its

advantages. It is ten dollars less, and it gives your lips more moisture. We need all the moisture we can get, especially since the weather is getting colder now.

I would also recommend Bobbi Brown’s Metallic Lip Color in Jewel Red ($22). That is a more subdued red shade than the NARS Red Lizard shade, but it is twice as creamy and moist. My point is that there are other red lipsticks on the market that are more lubricating. The Red Lizard shade is a knockout red color, but I don’t think you would be doing yourself a favor to purchase it when there are much less expensive red lipsticks on the market (like Clinique). Still, I will give it a rating of 9 for the vivid color.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318111322990330/k2311a118/11.8.10