Dove original anti-perspirant  » Cosmetics  »
  • I needed a new deodorant and I found Dove original anti-perspirant on sale for $2.99CDN at my local drug store
  • My favourite thing about this Dove product is that a portion of all sales go to the Dove fund

• by Melissa Glenn

I needed a new deodorant and I found Dove original anti-perspirant on sale for $2.99CDN at my local drug store. I had never bought this particular Dove product before, usually it is priced at $4.99CDN which I find a little steep for an anti-perspirant, even if it is a Dove 45 gram product.

There is nothing really remarkable about the packaging of this Dove anti-perspirant, at least in my mind. The plastic bottle is plain white with the Dove name in dark blue, and the word ‘original’ in smaller letters in a paler shade of blue. What I did find written in tiny letters was

that this was a soft solid product. I was a little puzzled as to how an anti-perspirant could be both soft and solid.

The bottom of the bottle has a dial that has scalloped edges, when I lifted the clear blue plastic top of I had to turn the dial to get the deodorant to come through. The dial clicked and clicked, and nothing was coming through the top. I was beginning to wonder how I was going to apply this anti-perspirant, when suddenly this rich looking white cream came through. I have to admit it smelled incredible, like a combination of baby powder ...

• and fresh churned cream, although no scent is mentioned on this Dove original product.

One quarter of this anti-perspirant is made from moisturisers which explains why when I applied this product under my arms they instantly felt soothed, even though I had just shaved. I didn’t get any white residue on my clothes, and this product did not make me itch. Nor did it flake off my skin, but seemed to very quickly absorb. I have to admit though the applicator top is a bit odd; this anti perspirant is not a solid stick, it comes through a series of circular shaped holes. There are

a circle of eight small holes with one in the center, surrounded by two more circles of even tinier holes. Once I got this Dove anti-perspirant to come through, I had to remember to only give one turn of the dial, or I would end up applying too much.

My favourite thing about this Dove product is that a portion of all sales go to the Dove fund; www.campaignforrealbeauty.ca. This is a great working anti-perspirant but they do need to work on the applicator a bit. I would much prefer to have a solid stick Dove deodorant, even though this one smells and works amazingly well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318111322900230/k2311a118/11.8.10