1996 Honda Accord LX  » Cars  »
  • I am pleased with what I paid for the car versus what work I had to put into it

• by Jon Meyer
      I recently bought a pre owned 1996 Honda Accord LX from a private owner. I am pleased with what I paid for the car versus what work I had to put into it.

I originally had to put a new transmission into the car because the other

one was shot.

Luckily I was able to get a hold of a quality part from my local junkyard and had it installed at a shop.

The air conditioner never worked, and about 1000 miles into driving the car I the air conditioner clutch failed and I ...

• had to buy new belts to by pass it completely.

Otherwise, the car is in good shape.

Acceleration is good, I would rate it better than the Toyota Corolla is used to own of the same year.

The great thing about Honda cars is that they are

reliable.

I have had minor issues with mine, but I can get from Vermont to Connecticut and back without any problems or need to worry about failing parts.

I feel that as long as these cars are maintained properly, they will run for a very long time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9103132281031/k2311a031/3.1.07