Lush Brazened Honey Mask  » Cosmetics  »
  • It did dry out on me, but I found that adding a little bit of water to spread the product on my face was good enough
  • There is a strong smell of honey, milk and something like green tea, although I know there is no green tea in this, but it smells like it
  • It really did help to control the oil on my face as my face stayed significantly oil free for atleast the next 3 days, which is amazing
  • I also noticed a reduction in the amount of acne during the time I was using this product
  • I would also recommend it to anyone with the need of a good exfoliator and skin smoother

• by shanjucool

I went into Lush looking for a mask that would help zap the oil out of my face as I have a very oily t-zone and the oil from my t-zone spreads to my dry cheeks and in turn, clogs them and produces pimples, which is very annoying. I explained all this to the sales associate there and I was recommended to use this particular mask which is supposed to take out the oil, unclog pores and also exfoliate due to the almond bits that it contains. The honey is supposed to soothe and moisturize, so there is some protection after the exfoliation. I do like products that do double action, and in this case this product is doing a lot more. Since I have used Lush products before that do double action and works really well, I was quite keen on tryin this.

The mask comes in a small pot with a screw on lid. The sales associate took mine out of the fridge in the store and also told me to keep it in the fridge otherwise the product might go bad.

These masks are freshly made and do have an expiration date, which kind of annoyed me as there is no guarantee I would use this entire mask before it expired. It is quite expensive too so I would like it to last longer. However, I tried my best to use this product up but since I couldn’t finish it, I kept the rest of it and used it after. It did dry out on me, but I found that adding a little bit of water to spread the product on my face was good enough. It worked the same way as it would if it were still fresh and unexpired. There was no harm to it. So there is a tip for you readers.

To use this mask, I simply took some out of the container and spread it out all over my face excluding the eye area. The colour of the mask is a light green to yellow colour. The texture is like a paste. There is a strong smell of honey, milk and something like green tea, although I know there ...

• is no green tea in this, but it smells like it. It is sweet and not unpleasant, but gave my dad a headache, so I guess different people react differently to it. The mask can be a bit dry and also contains small bits of almonds and other things which act as exfoliants. These ingredients can make the mask hard to spread, but I find adding a little bit of water helps. I leave it on my face for quite a long time, longer than recommended, about half an hour, until it is completely dry. Then I sprinkle some water on my face and use the mask as an exfoliator by rubbing the almond bits all over my face. I then wash my face off thoroughly and pat dry.

I do like this mask a lot. It is one of Lush’s best products. It really did help to control the oil on my face as my face stayed significantly oil free for atleast the next 3 days, which is amazing. I also noticed a reduction in the amount of acne during the time

I was using this product. My face was also left extremely smooth and touchably soft after using this product, and stayed that way for the next few days as well, which is quite impressive. My makeup would go on very smoothly which was incredible. My only complaint would be that after I take this mask off, there is a yellowish tint left on my face. This can be easily taken off using a toner, but I would’ve liked it better if I didn’t have to take that extra step. But since I like this mask so much, I’ll overlook this.

Overall, I really like this mask and would repurchase this. I would also recommend it to anyone with the need of a good exfoliator and skin smoother. I wouldn’t say this mask is for people with severe acne though, as it can rupture the pimples and actually spread the bacteria even more over the face. But people with overall need of evening their skin out, this mask is perfect, so pick it up at your local Lush. If you liked this review, please vote.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318111322770230/k2311a118/11.8.10