Equate Hydrocortisone Plus Cream with moisturizers  » Health  »
  • The last time I was at Walmart, I was running a little over budget for my shopping list that week, so I decided to replace my usual product with Walmart’s Equate brand of hydrocortisone cream with moisturizers
  • I can say that the moisturizing ingredients definitely are as good as the Cortisone brand

• by reviewabit

I am a regular user of Cortisone 10 Plus. The last time I was at Walmart, I was running a little over budget for my shopping list that week, so I decided to replace my usual product with Walmart’s Equate brand of hydrocortisone cream with moisturizers. Everything on the label matched up– it seemed to have the same ingredients and the same strength as the branded product, but was much less expensive.

Generally I shy away from unknown generic brands when it comes to medications or health products, but I have had really positive experiences with Equate brand and have bought many of their healthcare items,

to find that they were excellent quality and very comparable to the original brand. In fact, I would say the name “Equate” is very fitting.

I didn’t get to test the new Equate addition to the medicine cabinet until a few weeks later. A decorative pair of socks containing some sort of metallic thread irritated my feet and ankles and after I took them off, my skin itched terribly.

I opened up the new cream and used the same amount I would have used of the Cortisone brand. Within a few minutes my itching had lessened.

I am not sure if it was ...

• my imagination or not, but I felt that maybe this cream was a tiny bit less effective than the other brand in this situation. It could be that the itching was just worse than usual.

When I later had some facial itching due to an insect sting, I used the product again and it seemed to work just as well as the Cortisone. I am unsure if I will permanently replace my Cortisone cream with the Equate.

I may wait and see how it performs the next few times I need to use it. I don’t usually need it very often, so with it not being something

that I buy in large amounts, I am really ok with using the name brand if I feel it is better.

I would hate to think this is the one and only Equate product that I have ever questioned the quality of. Since it did work well the times I have used it, I still feel pretty confident recommending it.

Like all Equate products, it is designed to perform as well as the original, and in all probability, it does. I can say that the moisturizing ingredients definitely are as good as the Cortisone brand.

The cream has the exact same feel and texture.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348111322600230/k2311a118/11.8.10