Viactiv Milk Chocolate Soft Chews Multi-Vitamin Dietary Supplement 60 ct
  • Since I take enough regular pills as it is, I thought it would be a nice break to have something chewable and chocolate flavored that I could actually look forward to taking
  • I like chocolate cold, so I just put them in the fridge
  • I usually avoid sweets in general– because eating them makes me crave more of them
  • Unfortunately, the same thing happened with the Viactiv
  • I think it’s a good option for anyone who can’t swallow pills, or just doesn’t want to

• by reviewabit

I was intrigued when I saw these on the store shelves. I am not a fan of swallowing large pills, and multi vitamins always seem to be large pills. I checked out the ingredients and was pleased to find that they do not contain iron. I have a sensitive stomach and it does not do iron well, so I try to get my iron from the foods I eat and take vitamins that do not include it.

look forward to taking. The package is a little big and bulky, but there’s another excuse not to forget to take your vitamin. I like chocolate cold, so I just put them in the fridge.

(There’s no way I would go through a day without seeing them that way) I am diabetic so there was some concern about the carb content, but since they were only three grams of carb, I figured I would be ok with that. And after all, how many times in life do you get a perfectly justifiable reason to eat chocolate?

I tried one the next

morning after shoving my old vitamins in a drawer. They were pretty good.

I wouldn’t confuse them with gourmet chocolate by any means, but for a vitamin, they sure beat the alternative. I usually avoid sweets in general– because eating them makes me crave more of them. Unfortunately, the same thing happened with the Viactiv.

I ate one vitamin, then started wondering if I could eat two today and skip tomorrow’s dose. I talked myself out of it. I took the entire package and managed a good bit of self control.

I felt the same as I did with my other vitamin, so I guess ...

• Viactiv Milk Chocolate Soft Chews Multi-Vitamin Dietary Supplement 60 ct
      as far as effectiveness they did their job. I did notice that they did not upset my stomach, as my horse pill vitamins always did. Although chocolate is very persuasive, the novelty wore off after I finished off the container.

I decided that I was paying a little too much just for the excuse to eat something that tasted a little like chocolate candy. Chocolate was cheaper, and if I ate the same amount of chocolate as the small Viactiv I was chewing, the two would be equal in their potential to raise my blood sugar. And then there was also the option of chocolate sweetened with

Splenda, which wouldn’t raise it at all.

For the price and the small number of doses in the package, it just wasn’t a practical purchase. I still give the product a high rating. I think they did their best with it, and if I was totally unable to swallow pills, I would be thankful for the product being available.

I think it’s a good option for anyone who can’t swallow pills, or just doesn’t want to. There is no fault with the content of the vitamin, it’s a standard potency mix. You just get much more for your money if you don’t buy chocolate flavored.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348111322560230/k2311a118/11.8.10