Wal-Mart Everywhere  » Business  »
1.5
  • This is just but one story I know of, but I know that the story was the same everywhere that I have lived where there was a Wal-Mart

• by Stephanie A. Smith
      Wal- Mart stores (and now supercenters) have a large variety of items on there stores. They hire the handicapped- who have trouble getting jobs. And It is the cheapets on the yarn I use for my crocheting. That is the end of the list of good things I can think of.

Having lived in a few small towns that Wal-Mart has moved, I have seen first hand the trouble that has come with the superstore. Laurel, MS: At first Laurel’s downtown was a busy area, all of the shops were open, This is where the courthouse and the

library are( the library was actually shown on national news during a story about the Judge Pickering that Bush was trying to get into the supreme court). Then Wal-Mart moved in on the other side of town.

They had the lowest prices. Soon, stores were closing down because they could not afford to compete with Wal-Mart. Downtown became a ghost town.

All that remained was the library, post office, courthouse, a little rental store, and a Christian bookstore. Jobs became scarce. Then Wal-Mart hiked up their prices.

A new area of town was thriving, the street where Wal-Mart was(sorry I ...

• cannot remember the name of that street, but I can tell you that it was shown on Worlds Wildest Police Videos once). Eventually, the New Wal-Mart decided to become the Supercenter. They lowered their prices again.

They made a new building down the road from the old one. And in no time, the area where the old Wal-Mart was almost deserted, K-Mart closed,any store that could afford to move into the new shopping cnter that Wal-Mart built did, and those who couldn’t were left in a new ghost town. And Wal-Mart once again hiked up their prices.

Do

you see a pattern emerging here?

Jobs became even more scarce. The only job I could find before I moved away was at a chicken processing plant-which I couldn’t even take because I didn’t speak Spanish and couldn’t communicate with the other workers!But that is a rant for another time. This is just but one story I know of, but I know that the story was the same everywhere that I have lived where there was a Wal-Mart.

The children of Sam Walton need to remember that Wal-Mart was once a small buisiness too. This gets a rating of 3 out of 10 and only tha thigh because of the fact that they hire the handicapped.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 412802132241228/k2311a0228/2.28.07