Dance with Givenchy Eau de Toilette  » Perfume  »
  • Although it has some floral notes, which I usually try to avoid when looking for new fragrances, it is not overpowering flowery at all
  • On spraying, the scent of orange blossoms permeates and when it starts to wear off during the day, it turns into a musky light wood, red apple, and soft floral scent that’s very elegant and modern, definitely not one of the cheap-smelling stuff
  • And I think I’ve got the right fragrance for that now
  • I like the rectangular bottle design as well because I can carry it around with me

• by theredquill

I’ve never really been a fan of the Givenchy fragrance line until recently when I received Dance with Givenchy perfume as a gift from my boyfriend. He said he got it for me as a more mature alternative for the fun and fresh scent of Clinique Happy that I’ve always sported since I graduated from university. Fair enough, Dance with Givenchy is not the fresh-out-of-the shower scent that I usually prefer but it gives off a simple yet sophisticated scent that is not very common. Although it has some

floral notes, which I usually try to avoid when looking for new fragrances, it is not overpowering flowery at all. It is a very mild, but cheerful mix of jasmine, ylang-ylang, apple, musky wood, and some bit of orange which never fails to lift up my mood at any time of day.

On spraying, the scent of orange blossoms permeates and when it starts to wear off during the day, it turns into a musky light wood, red apple, and soft floral scent that’s very elegant and modern, definitely ...

• not one of the cheap-smelling stuff. You don’t smell like you’ve just been sprayed with floral air freshener. It doesn’t stay long on my skin though, only around an hour or two, so instead I spray some on my hair and my clothes. Then spray some more in the middle of the day when I need a perk. My colleagues have been complimenting me on my scent and my boss actually told me it fits my personality and status of my job. I work as a team manager, and
        admittedly, I needed something mature, sophisticated, but at the same time easy going and fun. And I think I’ve got the right fragrance for that now. I wouldn’t ditch my Clinique Happy altogether. I will still have it for weekends. But for my daily signature scent, it’s definitely going to be Dance with Givenchy.

I like the rectangular bottle design as well because I can carry it around with me. The shape and size of the bottle perfectly fits in my purse as the fragrance perfectly fits my personality.

Susan Sackrison says :

Just to say it’s been my favorite ever scent since my husband bought it for me at Disneyland. As of 2016 it is no longer available, which makes me very sad.
    Please Givenchy bring it back

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 568111322340130/k2311a118/11.8.10