Messengers 2: The Scarecrow  » Movies  »
  • However, it wasn’t really a great scary movie for me

• by rycemix

Another scary movie I have watched with my boyfriend is Messengers 2: The Scarecrow. The movie starts out with a young woman, running in a corn field; her face distressed and scared. She was the killed; the movie not showing who had killed her.

The movie then transitions to a farmer, who has been having problems with his corn field, and his family. The head of the family is almost at the brink of giving up due to the crows eating most of

his crops, he then saw this scarecrow hidden in a compartment in their small barn house. His son felt something weird and bad about the scarecrow and had asked the father to get rid of it and when the father was about to, a man shows up and convinces him to put up the scarecrow and that he would rip the benefits of putting the scarecrow in the field.

Ever since the farmer put the scarecrow up, a lot good things happened with ...

• his land and crops. The corns grew well and the crows have all died. But unknown to the farmer, a lot of deaths have also happened and it was the scarecrow’s fault. It wasn’t until that his family seems in danger that the farmer finally realized that the scarecrow was to blame.

Well, it really made me feel scared. I’m no horror movie fan and I scare easily with scary movies. At least, this movie was able to make me feel that way.

It has a lot of scary and suspense-filled moments. However, it wasn’t really a great scary movie for me. I just think scarecrow movies have already been used too many times and it really just doesn’t work for me. The overall scenery themes and characters were able to play their parts well. But the scarecrow being the villain in the film just throws off my interest in the movie. It was a nice movie to watch though, but not really a great movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117111321920830/k2311a117/11.7.10