Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick in Crush  » Cosmetics  »
  • It definitely gives my lips maximum coverage, and it is moist
  • So again, what I learned from this experience is that appearances can be deceiving
  • And as much as I love Clinique, I must admit that the Sephora Rouge Cream lipstick's pigmentation is just as strong as the pigmentation in Clinique's lipsticks
  • I am interested in exploring some of Sephora's other lipstick lines now, since I like this one
  • I think it is reasonably priced, and the pigmentation is strong enough to make any woman's face come alive

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I am just starting to become acquainted with Sephora’s lipstick, because I shop at their store once every couple of weeks. I recently purchased a Sephora lip palette that contains fifteen shades of the Sephora brand lipstick. This shade called Crush jumped out at me, because it looks purple in the palette. That might scare some women away, because most women don’t wear purple lipstick.

But after trying this one, I can see that the purple look in the palette is deceiving.

It is really more of a deep plum pink. I realized that I dipped the brush into the color more than I really should have, so I accidentally ended up loading the brush with more color than I originally wanted. And yet it still did not look like a true purple on my lips. I guess I would call it a combination of deep fuschia and plum. The pigmentation is very good in this Rouge Cream lipstick. It definitely gives my ...

• lips maximum coverage, and it is moist.

So again, what I learned from this experience is that appearances can be deceiving. This lipstick is only $12, and I say “only” because Clinique’s lipstick is $14 and some of the high-end brands charge over $20. And as much as I love Clinique, I must admit that the Sephora Rouge Cream lipstick’s pigmentation is just as strong as the pigmentation in Clinique’s lipsticks. So you are saving $2 if you go with the Sephora

lipstick.

I am interested in exploring some of Sephora’s other lipstick lines now, since I like this one. I would recommend this Rouge Cream lipstick in Crush if you are drawn to berry shades that really stand out. This is not a homely, boring color. It is vibrant and beautiful.

If you have never tried any of Sephora’s make-up, then I would recommend this lipstick. I think it is reasonably priced, and the pigmentation is strong enough to make any woman’s face come alive!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317111321720830/k2311a117/11.7.10