Nokia E 71 Mobile Phone
  • If a phone has QWERTY keypads, I always check how convenient it will be to the hands and to your over all use
  • I like this one because it pop up easily even if you press it too much and it is soft
  • It is too small that when press it, accuracy is a main problem
  • However, there are a few features in this phone that I think are innovative and should be included given this is a smartphone

• by ibizaspain

Nokia E 71 is the first mobile phone from Nokia which has QWERTY feature. Impressive to look at because it is according to Nokia designed for messaging. This was released in 2008.

This looks similar to Blackberry however more subtle in terms of color.

If a phone has QWERTY keypads, I always check how convenient it will be to the hands and to your over all use. The keypads are soft to press. It is important to me that my fingers will not feel too cramped or easily exhausted when you are messaging or when you are engaged in composing email. The quality of the keypads

is different. There are times when I press the keypads too fast because I am in a hurry, other cellphone’s keypads are not too ergonomic. I am looking for soft, easy to press and when you persistently press it, the keypads will not shrunk. I like this one because it pop up easily even if you press it too much and it is soft. It really supports fast messaging. I have main concern about the size of the keypads. It is too small that when press it, accuracy is a main problem. Especially for somebody like me where my fingers are big, when I press a letter,
      there is a tendency that another letter is pressed. I also dislike how they arrange the numbers. The four keys in the center are for the numbers too. It is too unfamiliar to have that placed in that position. It took me a while before I mastered it. I would have wanted they followed the arrangement of the computer key pads in that way it is easy to locate after all it is a QWERTY feature device.

The appearance of this mobile phone is impressive. I like that it has a lighter color. Motorola Milestone and Blackberry both used darker colors. This is unique and different. The ...

•  Nokia E 71 Mobile Phone
      casing is glossy too which makes it good because it can sustain less damage. The thickness of this gadget is also one thing that stands out. It is lighter having only 10 mm for its thickness.

The calling feature is maintained from the rest of the Nokia phones. However, there are a few features in this phone that I think are innovative and should be included given this is a smartphone. Voice-activated calling whether handsfree functions or done automatically are those which I look for in a phone these days. This mobile phone has speakerphone and independent voice calling. I think these two have heightened the modern

takes on its calling features.

For its messaging aspect, the only thing impressive was the “intelligent output” feature where it is similar to the your computers automatic spell check. Though this is innovative, I find it useless. Condensed spelling in text messaging is allowed and commonly practiced being subject to the limited characters various providers impose.

There are few features which I think sets the phone as a fresh take like 3G, Wifi capability, bluetooth and GPS which also allows you to do geotagging. I am just dismayed for its camera because it has just 3.2 megapixel. Not so good in this age of competition where cellphones are the new cameras.

Saad U. Bhatti says :

The Nokia E 71 is absolutely still in demand mobile phone set nowadays. Its QWERTY keypad feature no doubt makes it appealing both in terms of functionality and in terms of appearance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 227111321620730/k2311a117/11.7.10