Millville Instant Oatmeal Apples and Cinnamon  » Food  »
  • I know though that it's good for my heart and body and it's one of the best things that I could start my day off with
  • I decided to give the Millville brand a try because of the price and the apple cinnamon flavor

• by CirclingCanvas

The Millville Instant Oatmeal Apples and Cinnamon can be found at ALDI Food Market stores for one dollar and forty-nine cents. Ten packets come in a box. Oatmeal can be difficult for me to stomach more often than not because I don’t find the texture of oatmeal to be particularly appetizing. I look down at a bowl of oatmeal and I frankly don’t like what I see. I know though that it’s good for my heart and body and it’s one of the best things that I could start my day off with. I decided

to give the Millville brand a try because of the price and the apple cinnamon flavor.

This is instant oatmeal, so it’s pretty simple and quick to make. I find that using milk instead of water makes the oatmeal a little creamier and more palatable. My hopes were set somewhat high with this oatmeal because the box stated that the oatmeal was naturally flavored, so I expected a decent apple cinnamon flavor with every spoonful. That’s pretty much what I got, too. The cinnamon flavor is what first stood out when I would take a spoonful ...

• and afterward, a mild apple flavor would follow. The cinnamon flavoring was richer than the apple flavoring, although both were enjoyable. While I liked the blending of apple and cinnamon flavors in this oatmeal, I naturally was less than pleased with the typical gummy texture that this oatmeal and all oatmeal brands have. The apple cinnamon flavor helped me to better stomach this oatmeal, but it’s still not something that I excitedly look forward to having the morning.

It would not be fair of me at all to deduct points because of the unpleasant texture

of the Millville Instant Oatmeal. All oatmeal is gummy and soft. That’s just the way oatmeal is. I personally don’t find the texture to be appetizing or desirable, but I do feel that this oatmeal is an excellent value. Ten packets of oatmeal that’s fairly rich in natural apple and cinnamon flavoring for one dollar and forty-nine cents is a superb deal compared to the more expensive name brands like Quaker Oatmeal. This oatmeal is fast and easy to fix, too. Considering the quality and value, I feel this Millville Instant Oatmeal is deserving of a “10″ rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 277111321450730/k2311a117/11.7.10