Options Whalley Employment Resource Center in Surrey, Canada  » Job  »
#105-13655 104th Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia, V3T 1W3, telephone number 604-584-0003
  • And I’m pretty sure that not only myself, but lots of other people agree
  • Most important of all, I think is the service providing advice or consultation on all matters of employment
  • I would recommend this place to all those job seekers out there
  • I am so thankful for it because it has saved me a lot in printing costs, and I can walk to this center, too, from home so it’s so convenient for me

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

With the harsh economic realities of our time, employment assistance agencies and their offices are just mushrooming across North America, more so perhaps in my city than any other city in Canada. Am I supposed to be thankful about this development?

Of course, I am! And I’m pretty sure that not only myself, but lots of other people agree. But for those of you who haven’t been to an employment resource center, this is how it works.

The Options Whalley Employment Resource Center, like many other facilities of its kind, is kind of like an office where you can just walk-in to have your resume printed, to make calls to follow up on a job or go through a job interview, to fax your resume with accompanying cover letter. Most important of all, I think is the service providing advice or consultation on all matters

of employment.

An agency like Options is funded by the government, and why not, it helps people find jobs. During business hours, anybody can just drop by here. Your first entry point will be a receptionist, who seems to be very friendly and professional in this center.

She will direct you to the computer room of the center, where there are lots of computers which anyone can use to locate job vacancies on the Web, polish or work on their resume from scratch, and finally print out anything pertinent to their job applications.

Just make sure you sign up with the representative watching over the computer room, to make sure that everything goes smoothly. However, each person only has one hour to use a computer workstation. Hence, you have to be efficient with what you’re doing.

There are no fees to pay. You are ...

• allowed to print up to ten pages of documents. And last time I was there, I was even able to use the copier to print out twenty pages of my resume, which was way too cool. Otherwise, I have to look for a convenience store, an office services small business, or an Internet café to work on my resume, and pay a hefty fee for all that printing and hour logged on the computer and Internet.

So this is why going to Options Employment Resource Center makes perfect sense. Why spend money when you can use it for commuting to your next interview?

On November 5, 2010, I even used this center’s employment consulting service to inquire about an odd job. After going through the details with a fine tooth comb, the consultant advised me that the job was obviously a scam, and admonished me

to not go on with the application process.

This place is clean, organized, and apparently well-maintained. The computers are fast, and the Internet connection as well. A caretaker even makes sure that everybody is quiet, and that no loud talking is allowed in the room. I really appreciate that, because it’s hard to concentrate on your resume if the person next to you is talking out loud.

I would recommend this place to all those job seekers out there. I am so thankful for it because it has saved me a lot in printing costs, and I can walk to this center, too, from home so it’s so convenient for me. I can never thank these guys enough, or maybe I should thank the government, huh?

Channery says :

Heck yeah this is extacly what I needed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 67111321360730/k2311a117/11.7.10