LBC Express Canada in Vancouver, Canada
103-1595 West Broadway, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6J 1W6, telephone number 604-730-5573
  • Sending two huge boxes of presents two weeks ago to the Philippines cost Canadian $200
  • The customer service spirit of these guys just feels like you never left home at all, even when I know only too well that I call Canada my home
  • They advised that it would take nine weeks maximum, but from experience it doesn’t really take that long
  • I found the two guys very friendly, and of course, it helped that they spoke my native language, too

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

In the Philippines, a tropical country in Southeast Asia, the LBC company has almost a legendary reputation. It’s considered the king when it comes to moving packages from the motherland to other countries of the world, such as Canada or the United States.

As far as Filipinos (or citizens of the Philippines as they are called) are concerned, this is the Fedex or the DHL, and you can count me in, because I was born in the Philippines. I have, however, been living in Canada for the past 15 years.

However, I

still depend on LBC Express when it comes to sending packages to the Philippines, my home country. No other delivery mode comes close. If you’re not a Filipino, you probably wouldn’t understand. It’s a tradition, nay a way of life, to be sending those monolithic, so-called Balikbayan (loosely translated into homecoming Filipinos) boxes to the motherland come Christmas time. This is a big way of saying to all your relatives still out there that you remember them, and that you still are a Filipino in spirit.

Sending two huge boxes

of presents two weeks ago to the Philippines cost Canadian $200. A quick call to the LBC office in Vancouver was all that it took. The customer service spirit of these guys just feels like you never left home at all, even when I know only too well that I call Canada my home. Two LBC workers came to pick up the big boxes from our apartment recently, and they seemed genuinely happy to do it, no matter how stuffed the boxes were.

They advised that it would take nine ...

• LBC Express Canada in Vancouver, Canada
      weeks maximum, but from experience it doesn’t really take that long. I found the two guys very friendly, and of course, it helped that they spoke my native language, too.

As you would expect, me and my friends will probably keep using LBC Express for years to come, Christmas after Christmas because they’re not only reliable. They are a Filipino company, and they know how to treat a package well, as if their lives depended on it. It also helps that they seem to have the cheapest rates of all the big-bulk package

delivery services, which I have come to know since growing up in the Philippines.

To tell you the truth, I don’t think it matters if you’re sending package to countries other than the Philippines. For all I care, you could be sending your heavy boxes to China, or Australia, and still trust LBC Express to take the same painstaking care. After all, they have that much experience, having been at it for as long as I can remember.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 417111321310730/k2311a117/11.7.10