Delon Olive Shampoo 725 mL/24.5 fl. Oz.
  • It’s resembles the packaging of the Herbal Essence family of shampoos, except that I think the manufacturer of Delon Olive shampoo decides to take the idea much farther
  • I am sure it leaves no residue that can only translate into dandruff, a problem that I can never seem to solve with my hair
  • Now why wouldn’t I recommend this shampoo to all of you out there

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

To be honest, what first got me attracted this shampoo was the packaging. It comes in a fat, transparent bottle with drawings of green olives all over it, you can see them whichever side you look. It even seems to have this 3D effect, as if those olives were really inside the bottle.

It’s resembles the packaging of the Herbal Essence family of shampoos, except that I think the manufacturer of Delon Olive shampoo decides to take the idea much farther.

The bottle also creates the perception that there’s just so much shampoo in this bottle it will probably last a long, long time. The transparent packaging also communicates honestly, as you can see the entire content of the product. Nothing is hidden.

And you know what? I do smell the olives when

I wash my hair with this olive shampoo. Maybe I just believe in the principles of aromatherapy so much that it works. Besides, I just love olives. I think eating olives is healthy, as my former roommate taught me. He always ate olives. In fact, he even made sure that he drank two spoonfuls of olive oil a day, like it’s some form of medicine.

I haven’t done that yet, but I smell it when I fry my eggs or spam in the morning, because I use olive oil in place of cooking oil. By putting olive oil in this shampoo, manufacturer Delon Laboratories Inc., based in Montreal, Canada, believes that it prevents the natural stripping and staining of hair.

The company even says in the label: “Our shampoo is gentle enough ...

• to use daily without causing build-up on scalp and hair.”

And I believe it, it’s true. My hair feels lighter after shampooing and rinsing. I am sure it leaves no residue that can only translate into dandruff, a problem that I can never seem to solve with my hair.

So am I glad that I discovered Delon Olive shampoo, because I have to admit, it does help my dandruff situation become more manageable. It’s true, it has a mild pH that makes my hair lustrous and easy to manage. I use it every day, although I have to admit, I don’t smell the olive oil as much as I used to. I guess my sense of smell just got used to the scent is why.

Now why wouldn’t I recommend this shampoo to all

of you out there? I’d be a fool if I didn’t. It really works. And it really contains European olive oil, a magical ingredient which the last time I checked, was responsible for the healthy effects of the famous Mediterranean diet. I just didn’t realize that the same oil can be put to equally good use in a shampoo.

And you know what? I think it will really last and last. I’m probably the fastest when it comes to finishing one’s shampoo supply, but even after two weeks of using this Delon olive shampoo, the content appears to be still quite close to the neck. This is just amazing! You should try this, no kidding.

Pat Ruggles says :

Hey, have been trying to purxhase this shampoo for some time. Even called the company in Canada. Wher can I purchase order it from? Thanks, PR

Casslyn tyranno says :

Hello, saw your post and if you haven`t already found it you can order it online.. Delon Shampoo and conditioner from Beauty Boutique AmeriMark and you can order it from their website which is the same name. They have the 24.5 oz for 4.99 and also you will see their Olive Oil body lotion and body wash each for 4.99 also. I have been ordering from them for over 10 years and they are reputable company money back guarentee and the Delon olive oil line is amazing and great price for 4.99. Hope that helps.

Pamela Kipe says :

You can purchase this shampoo on ebay Thats where i bought it.

Pat Ruggles says :

Thanks for the info, will try ordering it from Amerimark. Thanks again Pat

JIM says :

Well we get it for $ 1.25 a bottle at the Dollar Stores in Alberta. Its the best deal ever and its a great shampoo. Try the hand soup too its called Diane’s.It used to be made in Turkey and imported but now made in Montreal.

sheila white says :

Pat, I purchased this today at the dollarama store. Try ckecking there,if you have one in your city. Good luck

S I Calgary says :

Sheila, have u tired that shampoo (delon olive oil shampoo)…how was the result?..

V says :

I have to agree that Delon Olive oil shampoo is amazing
    I happened to use it while I was at a bed and breakfast I stayed at in Niagara falls and was pleasantly surprised. I thought my hair would be subjected to heat damage because I didn’t use conditioner afterwards… but not the case I blow dried as normal and my hair feels soft and looks clean. I have a problem with greasy roots and mild dandruff, and dry ends… this shampoo seemed to take care of it all
    I’m a bit of a shampoo junkie and am waiting till i use out my stock of less satisfactory (and more expensive) products before I purchase one of these huge bottles.

Makda Haile says :

May can i get some help? I live in Norway how i can buy Delon Olive oil shampoo online?

Joanna says :

Hi Makda Haile,

Delon Olive Oil Shampoo, can be purchased online at Beauty Boutique. Here is the link for it:

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joanna

Makda Haile says :

Hey, First i want to say thank you,ut I tried this website before i think it isn’t in Europe.

Ginny says :

Does DELON Olive Shampoo contain Sodium Laurel Sulfite (aka Sodium Laureth Sulfate)? Usually this ingredient is the second or third ingredient.

Thank you.

Kendra says :

Don’t know what it contains, but at $ 1.25 each for the shampoo and conditioner at Dollarama, you get what you pay for. This stuff dried my hair out completely and made it feel brittle and coarse. My hairdresser remarked that I had dry scalp . There’s also very little pleasant scent.

Richie Mogwai adds :

Very little pleasant scent, I am not sure what you mean by that. I like the scent of this shampoo. What is it about the scent that upsets you?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317111321290730/k2311a117/11.7.10