Sephora Pink Grapefruit Sorbet Body Butter  » Cosmetics  »
  • But I don't think that's a bad thing, because that tells me it's an especially rich body butter
  • I like the rich texture, but the scent fades too much on my hands
  • So I would only recommend this if you don't like your body butter to have a strong scent, or if you don't mind that the scent becomes faint after you put it on
  • Unfortunately, I have found that a lot of scented body butters and body creams on the market lose much of their scent after you put them on

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I got a hold of this body butter as a free sample at Sephora, because I have a Beauty Insider card. That means that after I spend a certain amount of money and accumulate a certain amount of points, I am entitled to a free product sample.

Here are the pros and cons of this body butter. The texture is thick and rich, and it is a little hard to the touch. But I don’t think that’s a bad thing, because that tells me it’s an especially rich body butter. Even though it’s hard, it still

spreads on my hands easily. When I first put it on, I got a whiff of sweet citrus. But it seems to fade somewhat after I rub the body butter into my hands. When I put a little more on, I couldn’t smell the citrus very well anymore. So the scent grows faint. It’s not that greasy, although I didn’t put a heavy amount on. It does a decent job of moisturizing my hands.

This costs $16 for a 6.7 ounce jar, but I wouldn’t buy it. I like the rich texture, but the scent fades ...

• too much on my hands. I get more of a vivacious, sparkling grapefruit scent with NARS body lotion in ginger grapefruit. (But I am not recommending that, because it costs $40 and is not very moisturizing.)

Some of the key ingredients in this Sephora body butter are beeswax, aloe vera, and jojoba. That’s important, because those are all helpful ingredients in treating dry skin. So I would only recommend this if you don’t like your body butter to have a strong scent, or if you don’t mind that the scent becomes faint after you put it

on. But in my personal opinion, if I wanted the scent to fade, then I would just buy unscented body butter! Unfortunately, I have found that a lot of scented body butters and body creams on the market lose much of their scent after you put them on. I guess this is a matter of personal opinion. If you only want people to catch a very light whiff of citrus on you, then you may like this. But if you want a body butter that emits a stronger fragrance, then I wouldn’t recommend this Sephora body butter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317111320990630/k2311a117/11.7.10