Duncan Hines Fudgy Brownie Mix
  • My sister-in-law and I were trying a couple of brownie mixes, and we had already tried Betty Crocker’s Hershey’s Supreme Brownie Mix with Walnuts, and they were the most delicious fudge walnut brownies I have tasted in my life and get this –they’re only a mix and that delicious already
  • We still decided to give ol’ Duncan Hines a try, and we weren’t that disappointed as we thought we would be

• by jbs

My sister-in-law and I were trying a couple of brownie mixes, and we had already tried Betty Crocker’s Hershey’s Supreme Brownie Mix with Walnuts, and they were the most delicious fudge walnut brownies I have tasted in my life and get this –they’re only a mix and that delicious already!

We then tried Duncan Hines and we were already expecting that this mix would of course be less delicious than Betty Crocker’s since first, they weren’t using Hershey’s brownies, second, the Betty Crocker box had a shoutout on their label saying they make more delicious brownies than Duncan Hines, and they wouldn’t say that if it weren’t true! And lastly, it was way cheaper than Betty Crockers’ mix!

We still decided

to give ol’ Duncan Hines a try, and we weren’t that disappointed as we thought we would be! I was first disappointed with the amount of the mix itself actually, not the taste! The brownie mix package was approximately P165.00 or $3.90, and it was very cheap. The box also felt heavy and I was even thinking that for this price, they only had the same amount and same weight as with the Betty Crocker mix, but when we mixed this stuff on the bowl and pan, it was so few and I couldn’t believe the mix would only feed us for about a couple of days as the pan we used was really small at 8×8!

But the ...

• good thing here at Duncan Hines’ mix is that you can choose your brownies on what moisture and texture you want them to be, like for example if you plan on having fudgy brownies you add less water and less vegetable oil and less number of eggs, but if you want a cake-like brownies you add more of everything – it’s all stated at the box and the instructions are very simple and even a 5 year-old can do this!

When they were done in the oven, it took a long time for the brownies to cool, about 40 minutes literally and I couldn’t believe the long wait! It took longer than the Betty Crocker mix but the texture was

more cake-like than fudgy-like even though we went for the fudgy-like option, and the texture on top was really hard and it wasn’t that delicious as it tasted old and crusty, but the bottom and middle part were absolute heaven! There were a lot of walnuts and I the fudgy part was actually tasty and almost exactly like Betty Crockers, not the same, but almost alike, and the fudge part was so delicious. The only problem was that the top brownie part was so hard and tasted old, but underneath it all it was very delicious. I would still go for Betty Crocker’s mix as they are the most delicious, but it was also fun to try this mix out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 275111320661130/k2311a115/11.5.10