Jersey Boys In Las Vegas  » Entertainment  »
The Palazzo Resort, Las Vegas
  • I don’t know if I agree with that, but it was like seeing a full Broadway production in the middle of Sin City
  • I know that this production is shorter than the original, so maybe the build up to the sad parts was cut out
  • I do know that I enjoyed the show, and while it wasn’t the usual type of show I go to Vegas to see, I can see why it’s doing well
  • I think someone said it was sold out, and this was on a Tuesday night
  • I prefer the typical vaudeville-type shows, but to be fair you can see those in any casino on the strip

• by silli

Jersey Boys was the biggest production I saw when I went to Las Vegas. The posters for it call it the number one rated show in Vegas. I don’t know if I agree with that, but it was like seeing a full Broadway production in the middle of Sin City.

We sat in the back of the theater, underneath the balcony, and though it was hard

to see the actor’s faces, the sound and volume was perfect. The music was, of course, the music of the Four Seasons, so it would take a lot of effort to mess up, but the actors were excellent in their roles. The role of Frankie Valli is rotated between two actors, and on the night I went Travis Cloer was in the role. He was wonderful. I almost felt like it was Valli himself on stage.

The show follows the Four Seasons from their beginnings to their breakup. It’s mostly a light-hearted show, so the emotional scenes toward the end felt a little rushed. I know that this production is shorter than the original, so maybe the build up to the sad parts was cut out. I’m not sure.

I do know ...

• Jersey Boys In Las Vegas
      that I enjoyed the show, and while it wasn’t the usual type of show I go to Vegas to see, I can see why it’s doing well. The night we went, the show was packed. I think someone said it was sold out, and this was on a Tuesday night. It’s a very pricy show, too. As I said, we were in the very back,
      and we still paid over $100 each for the tickets. It may have been cheaper if we had looked for a discount place, but it was a last-minute decision to see this show.

I prefer the typical vaudeville-type shows, but to be fair you can see those in any casino on the strip. This was a fantastic show, I’m just not sure if it was worth the ticket price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 595111320591030/k2311a115/11.5.10