Lush I Should Coco Soap  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I tried this soap because it looked very interesting to me
  • This soap has shredded coconut in it and is topped by pink color, which I thought was pretty
  • I am usually one to try things that look nice aesthetically, so I bought this
  • I always like double duty products as they save me money and energy, and my previous experience with a Lush product that does double duty was a success, so I decided to buy this and try it
  • I wouldn’t recommend others purchase this either as it is a waste of money and does not do as good a job

• by shanjucool

I tried this soap because it looked very interesting to me. This soap has shredded coconut in it and is topped by pink color, which I thought was pretty. I am usually one to try things that look nice aesthetically, so I bought this. It also looked like it would moisturize well due to its creamy color and the coconut flakes could help me exfoliate at the same time. I always like double duty products as they save me money and energy, and my previous experience with a Lush product that does double duty was a success, so I decided to buy this and try it.

As I mentioned,

this soap has coconut flakes embedded in it, and there is a lot of it. I used this soap like I would use any other soap. I simply held it under water for about 5 seconds and then proceeded to rub the soap all over my body. It is a little unusual to use this soap due to the coconut, which makes it very rough, and so, this soap does not glide on the skin like other smoother soaps would. But this helps in the exfoliation of the skin, so I was willing to put in that extra bit of effort. This soap does not produce lather at all,

• which I was quite disappointed with as I like my soaps to produce lather which gives me a cleaner feeling. But if this soap did its job of exfoliation and moisturizing, I don’t really mind its no-lather effect.

I am not really a fan of this soap. Although it did fulfill its promise of giving me a good exfoliation, the coconut tends to flake off of the soap and land all over my shower floor, so this soap was a bit hard to handle and also required cleaning up to do after, which is annoying as I don’t want to waste time or water cleaning my shower after I’ve cleaned

myself. There was also no moisturizing to this soap, so I think this was mainly an exfoliation soap. It did not smell very good either, a little perfumey. I actually did not detect a strong coconut smell which I would expect from a coconut based product, I was pretty surprised by this.

Overall, it is not my favourite soap out of Lush and I would rather spend my money elsewhere to get a better product that does a better job with exfoliation. I wouldn’t recommend others purchase this either as it is a waste of money and does not do as good a job. If you liked this review, please vote.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 314111320300330/k2311a114/11.4.10