Acer Aspire 6592 Notebook Olympic Special Edition  » Computers  »
  • Perhaps the best thing about it was the fact that it had eight hours of battery life, enough to last one full work shift
  • Of course, the fact that it has a 160-gigabyte hard drive was a definitely advantage as well
  • Everest with you, I highly recommend the Acer Aspire notebook

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I got introduced to the Acer Aspire 6592 Notebook during the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics. During that time, Acer was the official computing sponsor of the Olympics, and I have to say this Taiwanese company was chosen for a good reason.

Until the advent of the Olympics, of which my involvement commenced in January and ended May 2010, I had full use of the Acer Aspire 6592 notebook model. I have to admit, I just wasn’t comfortable with the other option: Using the PC Light desktops in our trailer office during the games.

I was glad that there was another alternative as far as computing devices were concerned, or else I would have quit my otherwise lucrative job. To say the least, the desktops were extremely slow, and crashed at every opportunity. It might have been the fact

that these machines didn’t have physical hard drives, giving them an extreme handicap not only when it comes to saving data, but with the virtual memory function as well.

With the Acer Aspire 6592 around, I was able to surf the Web faster, and programs operated faster. Perhaps the best thing about it was the fact that it had eight hours of battery life, enough to last one full work shift. Of course, the fact that it has a 160-gigabyte hard drive was a definitely advantage as well. In doing my job, I had to deal with lots of files, pictures, and even videos.

Not once did it crash during all those four months of continuous use. I would even take it outside with me in the cold while doing my job in the Olympics ...

• Transportation Fleet in the city of Richmond, but I never had a situation where its battery ever drained out due to extreme temperature.

Compared to the IBM Thinkpad, which I used in 2006, and my outdated Sony VAIO, which had been with me since late 2004, the Aspire 6592 is definitely miles ahead and a class of its own. It not only looks sturdier than the Thinkpad I was used to, it looked to me like almost cast iron. This, although both notebooks basically weighed the same, namely 3 kilograms.

The screen was also a joy to work with. The color resolution was crisp and clear. I also have to commend the sound card in this Acer Aspire, the sound quality was definitely brilliant, even a lot better than the Sony VAIO sound card which I originally thought was

the best in its class. I guess I was wrong!

No wonder the Olympics chose Acer as the official sponsor for computing devices. The Acer Aspire 6592 really did its job and without it, I wouldn’t have been able to complete my tasks, as well.

The latest I hear is that the newer versions of the Acer Aspire line are now equipped not only with the NVidia graphics card, but the NVidia 3D Vision technology as well.

So if you want a tried-and-tested notebook, one that you can probably even bring to the top of Mt. Everest with you, I highly recommend the Acer Aspire notebook. Of course, it won’t hurt to get the latest model, as technology advances exponentially in this business.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 194111320130330/k2311a114/11.4.10