West End KFC Restaurant #1802 in Vancouver, Canada
1147 Davie Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, telephone number 604-689-1402
  • Also, the last time I found myself at the Brentwood Town Center mall in Burnaby, it was sold out at lunch, which really created a strong impression in me
  • Honestly, though, I thought it was going to be cheap, but as it turned out it wasn’t
  • And one thing I like about KFC’s fountain drink, of which Pepsi was my choice, I got more liquid than bubbles
  • I would definitely recommend this KFC restaurant because it does meet my basic requirements

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I went to this KFC Restaurant On October 30, 2010. It was 3:25 p.m. and I was very hungry. All I could think about was to try out KFC’s latest invention, the so-called Double Down.

If you haven’t heard about the Colonel’s latest hit, which I doubt, the Double Down are two fried chicken breasts, boneless, of course, with double cheese and bacon. Yeah, no bun.

At 540 calories, KFC’s Double Down can be downright scary. But what got me introduced to it was the non-stop TV and newspaper advertising. Also, the last time I found myself at the

Brentwood Town Center mall in Burnaby, it was sold out at lunch, which really created a strong impression in me.

And so when I went for a long walk from Vancouver’s West End to the city’s famed Second Beach and back, I just had to have it. Honestly, though, I thought it was going to be cheap, but as it turned out it wasn’t. The Double Down combo was Canadian $10.07, almost two dollars more expensive than the McDonald’s Big Mac combo.

Was it worth it, though? I was a little bit disappointed. I found the chicken rather ...

• bland, and the bacon content seemed rather tiny it looked to me like it was hiding. What it had was a lot of cheese, which melted as the chicken was hot, giving some added flavor.

The KFC fries more than made up for the absence of the bun. And one thing I like about KFC’s fountain drink, of which Pepsi was my choice, I got more liquid than bubbles.

As for service, it was good enough, although I wouldn’t say excellent. The delivery of the goods went by within the acceptable time. The place is clean, although it looked a

little bit cramped, which was only understandable because I could just imagine how much the franchise owner must be paying for renting the space in this plush neighborhood.

I would definitely recommend this KFC restaurant because it does meet my basic requirements. As for the Double Down, a little bland though it was, I didn’t have to eat dinner when I got home. The caloric content is certainly ideal for blue-collar workers, and for someone like me who did a lot of walking on the beach one lazy Saturday afternoon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 74111320100330/k2311a114/11.4.10