Neutrogena Body Clear Body Spray 4 oz  » Health  »
  • I bought this spray after developing a bad acne rash in response to a sun product I used
  • The sprayer is the type that you can spray in any position, and that was especially convenient since I had spots on my back that were harder to reach by myself
  • I found no way to prevent this, unless I could possibly have someone use the spray on a cotton swab for direct hits, avoiding the other areas of skin
  • I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is experiencing acne on larger portions of the body, and especially the back are because the unique sprayer makes it so much easier to get coverage there

• by reviewabit

I bought this spray after developing a bad acne rash in response to a sun product I used. It covered my back and upper arms and a small part of my thighs. Since I have always been happy with Neutrogena products in general, I chose the brand I trusted. I read the ingredients and found that it is salicylic acid based.

I have used acne products with this ingredient before so I did not expect any problems. When I first sprayed the product on, it felt cool and even smelled nice. The sprayer is the type that you can spray in any position, and that was especially convenient since I had spots on my back that

were harder to reach by myself.

It was when I was spraying that I realized this product had a definite edge over the pre-moistened pads that I almost bought– my fingers would not be exposed to so much of the medication. Using the pad product in the past had often left my fingers dry or even bleached white on the ends. It was also faster and more comfortable to use a spray instead of a scratchy pad, and the coverage was much more even.

Almost overnight, the blemishes began to dry up. About three days into using this product nightly I got the side effect that I pretty much already expected from salicylic acid.

• My skin was getting a bit tight and itchy, in the areas that were surrounding the blemishes but were not affected by them.

I found no way to prevent this, unless I could possibly have someone use the spray on a cotton swab for direct hits, avoiding the other areas of skin. For the initial treatment of this messy skin outbreak, the spray was perfect. As a longer term treatment, it was turning out to be a bit harsh for the skin.

The rash still needed a bit more treatment, so I continued using the spray, but added some moisturizing lotion on top of it– an hour or so after it had

dried. This was very helpful with the itchiness. A back itch is very frustrating! Soon enough the rash was cleared up and I could stop using the spray.

It was a relief. All in all, it is a good product, and did its job well. It’s not very useful if you don’t have large areas to cover, but obviously it was made specifically for large areas.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is experiencing acne on larger portions of the body, and especially the back are because the unique sprayer makes it so much easier to get coverage there. Neutrogena is a well respected brand for a reason. Their products are carefully thought through.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 344111320030330/k2311a114/11.4.10