Clarity Professional Ameriphone XL50 Amplified Telephone
  • I can say that the sound quality with this phone is very, very good, and I have no problem anymore with understanding even those with unfamiliar accents because the voice is loud, and most importantly, clear
  • As a whole, this is the best, most useful telephone I have ever seen in my life and it has made life and work much easier
  • For the elderly, people with hearing deficiencies, or those who just want a really clear and loud sound, I would highly recommend this phone

• by TheCity

My grandfather’s house serves as both his residence and company office where I work. He has severe hearing loss because of his age, and I have severe hearing loss for high frequency sounds because of an unfortunate accident when I was 3 years old. My grandfather has a hard time talking on the phone and I sometimes have difficulty too when the sound is very soft or when there is a lot of feedback overpowering the voice, making the voice unclear. Therefore, we need a very good phone here to help us both do our personal and business calls.

We were looking for a good phone when my aunt gave us the Clarity Professional Ameriphone XL50 Amplified Telephone which she bought for around USD160. This phone is really designed to cater to people with hearing loss. It is really very helpful for me

and especially for my grandfather.

First, the phone volume is really, really very loud. The lowest volume is already above average for a normal phone and the highest volume is already unbearable to my ears but is just right for my grandfather’s. The loudest volume is at 60 decibels. What is good is that it has a sticker on the receiver with the label “Loud volume, use with caution” to warn average phone users about the loud volume because it might startle them or worse, harm their ears.

Second, aside from the loud volume, the phone is built to eliminate noise and feedback which is the most useful feature for me. The loud volume can make things worse when there is a lot of background noise that is why this is very important. I can say that the sound quality ...

• with this phone is very, very good, and I have no problem anymore with understanding even those with unfamiliar accents because the voice is loud, and most importantly, clear. There is no need to strain myself anymore trying to follow a person’s voice that is soft and muffled. There is also an option to adjust the voice tone to make the sound more whole if a person’s voice is too high or thin which is another feature that I find helpful as well.

Third, my grandfather has also poor vision and this phone is also helpful for him because the dial buttons are large; each one has a width of around one inch and a length of ¾ inch, making it easy for him to see and press the numbers. The design of the phone is similar to a big calculator. Another thing

that helps my grandfather see the numbers well is that the numbers all light up in red when you lift the dial.

Another additional feature is that the ringer is very loud, and the sound can be adjusted as well. The phone also lights up in red when someone is calling and when the phone is in use. You can also hook the phone up with a lamp or a bed shaker, although we do not use this feature.

As a whole, this is the best, most useful telephone I have ever seen in my life and it has made life and work much easier. It has also made me more confident in conversing with my business associates on the phone. For the elderly, people with hearing deficiencies, or those who just want a really clear and loud sound, I would highly recommend this phone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 164111319490230/k2311a114/11.4.10