Hewlett Packard Computer Company  » Business  »
3000 Hanover Street, Palo Alto, CA
  • They have excellent desktop computers and I know because I have been relying on them for many years now
  • I think they should have stuck with desktop computers though
  • I love the HP Desktop computer that I have and have always loved the desktops that I have bought with the HP name on it
  • I dislike not being able to talk to someone whom I understand and whom understands me
  • I suggest that you stay away from purchasing a HP computer

• by Dawn

Hewlett Packard is a huge name in computers. They have excellent desktop computers and I know because I have been relying on them for many years now. I think they should have stuck with desktop computers though. Their laptop computers leave something to be desired when it comes to keeping them up and running. The company doesn’t seem to care about the customer in this respect either. I love the HP Desktop computer that I have and have always loved the desktops that I have bought with the HP name on it. I will continue to purchase HP desktop computers. I would never purchase another laptop from them though.

HP support is horrible. I dislike not being able to talk

to someone whom I understand and whom understands me. This doesn’t seem to matter to HP though because they are saving money by hiring people who can’t properly help the customer in a decent amount of time and without too much frustration. For instance, when my laptop died, I just wanted to know the possible causes because it just died out of nowhere and now I can’t get it back. The laptop is very new and it is not a virus situation. It has something to do with the power cord. I didn’t want customer support to do anything but tell me what this little bitty light meant. After going through several rounds of questioning about what my laptop was doing rather than asking me what my question was, they then ask for my name, etc.. I give them the information and within seconds she says she can’t help me because my warranty was up. If it were up, it couldn’t have been more than a week out of warranty when I called. That’s ridiculous.

In any case, she then proceeded to tell me that I could pay $99 to get the support. I am sorry, but that isn’t going to happen. I won’t pay that much money to find out what a simple light is.

After this hour long discussion with someone that I couldn’t understand and who obviously didn’t understand me from the minute she picked ...

• Hewlett Packard Computer Company
      up the phone, I let her know that I would not be purchasing any more HP products because of the conversation and the fact that the laptop was junk after having spent so much money on it. I was always a loyal customer to HP until this adventure. My viewpoint has changed on this business. I have come to the conclusion that Hewlett Packard Computer Company is out to make as much money as they can without worrying about the quality of the product they are putting out on the market. In short, a very loyal customer has been lost in the process. Had Hewlett Packard given me someone to talk to that could understand me and vice versa
      and had there been some type of satisfaction on the phone conversation, I would have likely stuck with the company. I have spent thousands of dollars with this company over the years and feel that they have let me down completely.

Hewlett Packard is no longer a company in good standing with me. I have purchased about 7 computers from them including my very first one. Their customer service has gone so down hill that I can’t trust the company name anymore. I suggest that you stay away from purchasing a HP computer. You will probably end up regretting it if it is a laptop computer. I have wasted nearly a thousand dollars on what is now a useless piece of junk.

re : I suggest that you stay away from purchasing a HP computer
I have been using HP laptop since 4 years. Being a computer Science student, I can say it was a good choice. It is working perfectly fine till now. They have the genuine windows with a recovery dvd. The office suite dvd is also provided.

re : I suggest that you stay away from purchasing a HP computer
It was good decision for them to bring laptop in the affordable ranges with many configurations.

re : I suggest that you stay away from purchasing a HP computer
It was my first laptop and I never regretted buying it. In future I will buy HP only.

re : I suggest that you stay away from purchasing a HP computer
Yes at times it happens to me. I feel depressed.

re : I suggest that you stay away from purchasing a HP computer
I suggest you to buy one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 413111318870430/k2311a113/11.3.10