Delmarva Power Company  » Business  »
I95 and Route 273, Newark, DE
  • I have not always been impressed with response time in getting the electric back on though
  • I would suggest that you purchase a generator if you have Delmarva Power because you will definitely have times where the power is out for more than four hours after a storm has occurred
  • That is not my biggest problem with this company though
  • I see the men out working on the lines when the power goes out so I know they are hard at work

• by Dawn

There isn’t much of a choice when you need electric as to which power company you will get. You can only choose the one that is in your area and sometimes they are good and sometimes they are not so good. I have some reservations about Delmarva Power Company. They serve three states including Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. The rates are comparable to other electric companies but they are still very high and seem to go up when you need them to be lower the most.

As far as how well the power stays on, it does, for the most part. There are times that the power will go down during storms or if someone hits a pole. I have not always been impressed with response time in getting the electric back on though. I have lived

in several different locations served by Delmarva Power and when the power goes out, it generally stays out for a minimum of one hour, usually much longer. I would suggest that you purchase a generator if you have Delmarva Power because you will definitely have times where the power is out for more than four hours after a storm has occurred. That is not my biggest problem with this company though. I see the men out working on the lines when the power goes out so I know they are hard at work. I have even, during particularly bad times, seen them come to my door to make sure the power was turned back on. They work tirelessly when the power goes out and I am thankful that they do.

My biggest problem with Delmarva Power Company is ...

• their customer service. I am not even sure that you can call that customer service. When I have called to get the power turned on in new homes, they have given me nothing but trouble trying to get it set up. It shouldn’t be that difficult to set up getting the power turned on. I have been talked to like a piece of dirt when I call in. Although there has been the occasional “decent” customer service representative, it is very rare. Most of the time when I make a call to them, it is greeted with a brash sounding person who behaves as though you are interrupting their day. They don’t want to bother with you and they say they will call back and never do. I am not sure if it is because they know
        we can’t just go to another service or not, but it is still unacceptable to me and there is always a chance that another company could come in and take over if people get totally fed up and start searching elsewhere. These bad customer service representatives are ruining the reputation of an otherwise good company.

I have to have electric. In fact, if you don’t have electricity in your home, you can get in a lot of trouble for it, especially if you have children living there. The customer service with Delmarva Power Company is almost enough to make people think about trying to go completely solar. However, since I don’t know how to even begin to go about it, I am currently stuck with extremely poor customer service reps when it comes to talking to Delmarva Power about anything.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 413111318860430/k2311a113/11.3.10