McCormick Original Taco Seasoning Mix  » Food  »
  • Now admittedly, part of the problem could have been that I didn't use a full pound of hamburger because I wasn't making that many tacos
  • The error I believe was mine in not diluting it a little, so I take the fault there

• by Orrymain

As I have begun to prepare more Mexican food at home, I have also been searching for a decent easy and quick mix for tacos. That is why I tried out McCormick Original Taco Seasoning Mix recently.

My take on the McCormick Original Taco Seasoning Mix was that it was very spicy. In fact, it was too much so. Now admittedly, part of the problem could have been that I didn’t

use a full pound of hamburger because I wasn’t making that many tacos. Normally I would have decreased the recipe but I wasn’t in the mood.

McCormick Original Taco Seasoning Mix is made with natural spices, does not contain any MSG, is made with zero trans fat, and has no artificial flavors, all according to the package.

What is important to me is the preparation. In truth, it was actually very easy to ...

• make really. You only need the beef and a bit of water. You can even use turkey, if that’s your desire. I like things that are this simple. I require it, in fact, so in that respect, the product worked.

Preparation is quick as well. You simply stir everything and boil. After that, it’s a matter of a quick simmer for 5 minutes.

They say that 1 package provides

for 12 tacos, and my guess is that it works right.

So, the product was easy to make and it didn’t take long to prepare it. While it did taste spicy, it was still good. The error I believe was mine in not diluting it a little, so I take the fault there.

Overall, I’ll probably buy it again and do a better job of breaking it down for the amount of tacos I’m making.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273111318650430/k2311a113/11.3.10