Hormel Compleats Sante Fe Style Chicken
  • Hormel Compleats Sante Fe Style Chicken is the latest variety of this production line that I have enjoyed
  • I don't like a lot of sauce either so I felt like it was misleading to me
  • I even survived the black beans, which was amazing to me

• by Orrymain

Hormel Compleats Sante Fe Style Chicken is the latest variety of this production line that I have enjoyed. I must say that it has been a bit of a surprise as they I never expected to enjoy Hormel Compleats as much as I have.

The Santa Fe Style Chicken comes with rice, black beans, and fire roasted corn. I really don’t think I’ve ever eaten anything in it with black

beans before. That’s part of the reason why I was so surprised that I did like it.

This product comes out at about 280 calories, which I don’t care much about. I care more that it is prepared in under two minutes. All I have to do is make a few puncture marks in the plastic covering and microwave. That’s it — time to enjoy a meal.

The one ...

• thing that was more of a negative to me is that it results in lots of sauce which isn’t in the picture on the cover. Taht was so disappointing.

The packaging has all of this beautiful food together, but when you pull off the white covering after cooking, it’s just a lot of brown sauce. You never really get to see the food except for when you put it in

your spoon or fork.

I don’t like a lot of sauce either so I felt like it was misleading to me. I don’t quite understand why they ‘hide’ all of this sauce, unless it’s a weight thing for the packaging that is designed to be deceptive.

At any rate, it still tasted good, even though I had to deal with the sauce. I even survived the black beans, which was amazing to me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273111318620430/k2311a113/11.3.10