Waring Pro JEX 328 Extractor Juicer
  • I choose to follow a vegan diet as I believe that is the best lifestyle diet for my health
  • To do so, I believe fresh extracted vegetable juices are an important part of my daily diet
  • After doing my research, trying to find an economical juicer, with low RPM's so as not to destroy the living cells within the vegetables I would be juicing, I found that Waring Products makes an awesome countertop juice extractor at a price I could afford, retailing at $99.99

• by tamntn
      I am a health “nut”, per my friends and family. I choose to follow a vegan diet as I believe that is the best lifestyle diet for my health. I plan to live a long, healthy life full of energy and vitality. To do so, I believe fresh extracted vegetable juices are an important part of my daily diet.

I drink two 8-oz carrot juices and two 8-oz green juices a day. Hence, I needed a strong juicer! I was not able to afford a Nordic juicer or even a Champion Juicer at the time that my old juicer died on me (it was 10 years old…. time to be laid to rest).

After doing my research, trying to find an economical juicer, with low RPM’s so as not to destroy the living cells within the vegetables I would be juicing,

I found that Waring Products makes an awesome countertop juice extractor at a price I could afford, retailing at $99. 99. It is often on sale for $69.

99 at Kohl’s, Macy’s, and Bed, Bath and Beyond. HOWEVER, I searched eBay (what a lovely place!) and found a refurbished model with a 90-day warranty for $4. 99 (YES! that is not a typo…$4.

99) plus $19. 95 shipping and handling. I could not pass the deal up! In my mind, this would allow me to test drive the juicer at a very reasonable price and hopefully, it will last awhile.

I am an instruction reader, which I did so carefully. The instructions did state the pulp collector along with the rest of the detachable objects, could be placed in the top rack of the dishwasher. However, within a month, a piece had broken off the ...

• pulp collector…a vital piece that was needed to lock the top in place prior to being able to juice.

I contacted Waring directly via the toll free number provided on the Warranty information page. The customer service representative advised that it may not be the best idea to put the pulp collector in the dishwaser, even though she acknowledged the instructions say it is okay to do so. The pulp collector is completely plastic and that part easily came loose.

She kindly said she would ship me a new pulp collector basket out immediately at absolutely no charge to me, not even shipping and handling. Now how is that for customer service? Awesome! I liked the fact that she acknowledged that the instructions do say it is okay to put the detachable items into the dish washer, but then took

the time to explain why that is probably not such a good idea for the pulp collector basket. My only suggestion to the product is that maybe they could make the pulp collector and top in something other than plastic, which does tend to break more easily than say stainless steel (which the base is made out of).

And secondly, I liked that the company recognizes the fact that the part is plastic and that piece can tend to come off more easily than it should and they are willing to replace it with no hassles or gimmicks. It is refreshing to know there are still wonderful, honest and straightforward companies out there! Thank you Waring Products! (I would give 10 for excellent customer service, and a six for the plastic items that the product is made out of…which equals an 8 for a rating!)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162702131861128/k2311a0227/2.27.07